1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 M6 PMB
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen this device ?
http://clutchtamer.com/

It is a simple idea, like a 90/10 shock but attached to the clutch pedal, to adjust the rate of engagement.

I have not been to the track in years, but it was always a challenge to launch consistently. Thinking of picking up drag radials and going back to see what my Goat runs now.

·
Torrid 06 M6
589 Posts
I have read about it but not seen one in person. Concept is intriguing. Doesn't cost much so there's nothing to lose by trying one.

Bias ply drag tires are best for M6.

·
Torrid 06 M6
589 Posts
slip in between shifts.
I wonder if it can be "shut off" after the initial hit without having to take your eye off the road or hands off the wheel/shifter. If not, I'm with you.

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Go to Yellowbullet and read in the manual transmission section. This person is over there and has posted on this subject numerous times. The hillbilly slipper clutch.

·
Worthless reject member
49,793 Posts
Go to Yellowbullet and read in the manual transmission section. This person is over there and has posted on this subject numerous times. The hillbilly slipper clutch.
yep.

i remember reading about someone using a storm door gas strut or something. i never tried it for the above reason (would slip during shifts).

but, the counter-arguement is that the slight slip during shifts is actually better, for not only keeping RPMS up but also actually decreases clutch wear.

:dunno:

·
Stock and Slow
95 Posts
I read of another product similar to this, and for the life of me I cant recall its company name, or product name. but I recall the details.

it actually went inline with the clutch hydraulic and you could adjust it that way. they had a kit above that that not only could you adjust the clutch flow hydraulicly, but you could have it only adjust it for first gear, then once out of first it opened the line fully so no slipping from 1-2-3-4-5-6 years. just from N-1

·
Worthless reject member
49,793 Posts
I read of another product similar to this, and for the life of me I cant recall its company name, or product name. but I recall the details.

it actually went inline with the clutch hydraulic and you could adjust it that way. they had a kit above that that not only could you adjust the clutch flow hydraulicly, but you could have it only adjust it for first gear, then once out of first it opened the line fully so no slipping from 1-2-3-4-5-6 years. just from N-1
i would love to know how they accomplished this.

·
2006GTO M6 dd-drag-roadcourse
1,538 Posts
Ive also looked into this. I don't think it would do much for my monster2 and definitly not for high hp puck style single discs... but i could see this working great for dual and triple disc clutches.

Here's a general video on how they work and which ones only active on launch and ones that do it between every gear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5518nf6OSA&sns=em

·
Registered
2004 M6 PMB
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Yeah, I also read about the Magnus Launch Control too.

These devices sounds like they would help with consistent launches. I like the idea of the adjustability of the rate of clutch release and it only affects the engagement part of the travel.
Why would this be an issue for the shifting into the higher gears ? I remember breaking the tires loose in 3rd gear at the track. This could help with consistent times for M6 cars, along with a two step module.

Also wondering if it would help when using radial drag tires, reduce wheel hop and less chance of drive train part breakage.

I had only been to the strip a few times, and it definitely takes practices.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
I used a flow control valve from Grainger and a line lock to engage it during the launch.

·
Registered
2004 M6 PMB
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bumping this thread.
Anyone try this or see it in action ?
I think Nothubertjfarnsworth had the Hit master, which ties in the hydraulics.

Plan to test my new mods next year at the strip. Going to look at DSS inner stubs too beforehand.

·
Worthless reject member
49,793 Posts
Yup. I've used the hitmaster. Worked great on the street, but didn't have too much track testing.

On a track that's actually sticky i bet you could improve 60 foot times significantly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts