LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Am I correct in what I'm reading that the warranty on the RPS clutch is 6 months, and the Textralia is 1 year?

·
Thats not right.....
670 Posts
Not sure on the warranty but i do know that they are rated at the same HP capacity but the tex drives like a stock clutch and holds like a mother at the track.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Text will be going in my car!!!!

·
9 Second Club
14,781 Posts
Not sure what the Tex is but had a warranty experience with them and I must say they are excellent in customer service. They even called my installer to ensure he knew all the latest tricks of the installation. I cannot say enough good about them. If the new one will just hold up now.......I've heard good things about Cartek too.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're referring to RPS's customer service then?

·
As fast as fast can be
134 Posts
I wouldn't care about a warranty after six months. You should know if the clutch is good before then. Warranty isn't that great if the part fails all the time and you have to pay for labor to change out your clutch a few times. I would go with the RPS.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
warranty is important to some level

Warranty wasn't how I based my clutch decision.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From everything I have found, it sounds like you can't go wrong with either Textralia or RPS. I was just comparing warranty, customer service, etc.

It looks like I'll be ordering a triple disc exo-skel from Textralia. I can't wait! :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My goal for next winter is to put in a larger motor and possibly a twin turbo. I'm shooting for 1000RWHP by spring 2008.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
you can't just compare stated warranties. "waranty" and getting the company to honor it are two different things...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
svede1212 said:
you can't just compare stated warranties. "waranty" and getting the company to honor it are two different things...
I agree. It is only one factor in my decision. A good warranty does not imply a good product either, but it often indicates the manufacturer's confidence level in their product.

How I selected - in order:

-durability
-streetability
-customer service
-level of information published by vendor (i.e. web)
-warranty

Much of this is based on reviews from this board and several other boards.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
sdgoat said:
I agree. It is only one factor in my decision. A good warranty does not imply a good product either, but it often indicates the manufacturer's confidence level in their product.

How I selected - in order:

-durability
-streetability
-customer service
-level of information published by vendor (i.e. web)
-warranty

Much of this is based on reviews from this board and several other boards.
good priorities

·
485, 432 rw m6
536 Posts
And where do you get this tex clutch at?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I just orderd a Textralia Exo Skel twin disk from unspeed last week.:turbonaug The Centerforce garbage is not holding on the 150 shot.:banghead:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts