LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am putting the car back together after my last piston fiasco which has resulted in a new iron block 408 with all forged internals. I have an LS7 clutch which has been in and working for over a year. Now I can get no pedal. I have bled and bled. Had the trans and clutch out twice to see if I did something wrong. Everything looks good, just getting no pedal. I even removed the slave cylinder, then hooked it up to make sure it moved. Any ideas? Is there some issue with the 408?

After further pondering, here is more. The master cylinder is making pressure as I can hear it when I open the bleeder screw. I looked in the hole where the hyd line goes in and I can see no movement from the slave cylinder. So, how far does the slave move?

According to the book, the spring fingers should almost be flat when the clutch is installed and they are. Worrying about the clutch set out level since going to a new block, I installed the starter and the flywheel hits exactly in the center of the cutout area on the starter so I am confident on the flywheel position.

WTF am I missing????

·
gotta love a gto
1,096 Posts
Pump The Pedal Repeatedly, That Should Start Getting Some Pedal, It's What I Did On The Last Clutch I Put In. Kept Bleeding And Bleeding And Nothing. Started To Just Pumping The Pedal About 30-40 Times And Then Got The Pedal To Come Up.

·
Been here for a long time...
4,659 Posts
How are you bleeding it? Sounds like it has a lot of air in it. Maybe try a MityVac or like above, pump the pedal until you're blue in the face :)

Hopefully that's all it is.

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are all correct. We "fast pumped" and then held and bled. I had been doing 3 cycles before filling the resevoir but we dropped it to every 2. We pumped 1/2 of a LARGE bottle and WHAM we had pedal. YeeeeHaaaaaa. Here comes my stroker.......

·
Vulgar Display of Power
673 Posts
I had the same problem the day after my cam install. We didn't even touch anything in that area. My friend that helped with the install told me to just keep pumping it untill my leg was shaking. It slowly came back and 2 days later...back to normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts