LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spotted a Mustang "GT" ' vert ahead with a girl in the passenger seat in some traffic on a 2-laner.
I sped up to 70 to catch up, revved a couple in 3rd and I managed to get us together for a blast from 50 to 80.

I hit 5th first (from 4th), then quickly went to 3rd (where I was supposed to be), and we basically got on it at the same time.

From a roll in 3rd we hit it, and a second later I heard the distinct whine of the Supercharger...and as we were close, the SC had him inching.

Fact is, is that he woulda gotten me.
We slowed, and I rolled down the window, and the girl 35ish like me and him was all smiles, and said "Kickass !!!!"

I grinned at him and said, "I heard that whine, and said OH SHIT, that's a Cobra. I think you were going to get me".

He said "Yeah, how much HP do you have" (400 Stock...) "I have an intake, that's it"- he said.

I said "nice run, you'd have probably gotten me, I saw you beginning to pull".
Nice couple... a few minutes later they pulled off and I honked and they both gave a good wave out of the top.

That SC whined like a bat out of hell, I will respect the Cobras from here on out...although I thought it was a GT at first.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Yup, you gotta look for the snake on the back and don't get in over your head. Next time I'm down in Texas visiting my son, I'll have to take care of the Cobra's for you. My Maggie-goat has developed quite a taste for Cobra's - they taste like chicken!!!

·
Love my Robyn
278 Posts
I've seen quite a bit of Cobras on 45, glad I haven't beeen trying to race to many of them. Probably have my grits handed to me, I need more mods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts