LS1GTO Forums banner

Which Level of Suspension Products are you most interested in?

• Adjustable Coil-Over Suspension System

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Performance Shocks/Struts With Lowering Springs

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Performance Shocks/Struts With Stock Springs

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Lowering Springs With Stock Shocks/Struts

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Urethane Bushing Upgrades

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This poll is for those of you who are interested in suspension upgrades.

I have recently completed testing a variety of suspension products, and I am curious to find out what level of performance you are looking at for suspension products. I hope this covers the bases, and I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!

Jim

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thank you all for the great feedback and PM questions and comments regarding suspension. I will release a public announcement very soon regarding our new line of suspension products.

Jim

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
the results look a little "inconclusive". it would appear that we want to have ALL the choices :p

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, this Poll allows you to select more than one. You can select all if you want. Some people want to try struts & shocks first, then lower the car, then add bushings and caster kits, etc.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Gravana Jim said:
Actually, this Poll allows you to select more than one. You can select all if you want. Some people want to try struts & shocks first, then lower the car, then add bushings and caster kits, etc.
i know, i just meant that the results dont show one option that was REALLY favored over the rest. seems like we like all the options

·
Registered
349 Posts
Which suspension mods should I consider if I want to improve my GTO's performance for autocross but not severely impact the ride and comfort of it as an everyday driver?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Tigger said:
Which suspension mods should I consider if I want to improve my GTO's performance for autocross but not severely impact the ride and comfort of it as an everyday driver?

well probably the BEST thing would be to get lowered springs with the 12 way adjustable shocks that speed inc will be carrying soon. but they will probably expensive

·
Blue Thunder
821 Posts
What id really be interested in would be something like Bilstein shocks, and springs that dont lower the car, but just have higher spring rates so the rear dosnt sag when you step on it....I personally think the cars ride height is fine how i is right now.

Brian

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
IBMgoat said:
What id really be interested in would be something like Bilstein shocks, and springs that dont lower the car, but just have higher spring rates so the rear dosnt sag when you step on it....I personally think the cars ride height is fine how i is right now.

Brian
the rear end "squat" is what you want for a good launch

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tigger said:
As far as a single upgrade, Shocks/Struts make the biggest improvement without sacrificing ride comfort. However, for Autocross, adding aftermarket springs/shocks AND sport springs will give you additional performance with only slightly more road feel. A front caster kit and rear sway bar bushing kit will also help without sacrificing significant comfort.

We will have the perfect package for this application in September.

Jim

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gravana Jim said:
As far as a single upgrade, Shocks/Struts make the biggest improvement without sacrificing ride comfort. However, for Autocross, adding aftermarket springs/shocks AND sport springs will give you additional performance with only slightly more road feel. A front caster kit and rear sway bar bushing kit will also help without sacrificing significant comfort.

We will have the perfect package for this application in September.

Jim
Jim is dead-on on this one, guys. The strut/shock/spring kit he's got in the works cuts body-roll on the track down to a less than 1/4 of what it is stock, doesn't require a chiropractor between laps, and won't spill your coffee on the street. It's lower, tighter, and just begs for more...

In fact, I can attest to this... With the suspension setup as Jim's suggested, it makes the Goat a threat to those 350Z Track Ed. buggers. I spent a day on the track with this setup, and ran neck & neck with a couple of Z06's, even in the corners!

The only problem I had was tires getting too hot to run with.

Impressive, and good work, Jim!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Stormin'Norman said:
Jim is dead-on on this one, guys. The strut/shock/spring kit he's got in the works cuts body-roll on the track down to a less than 1/4 of what it is stock,.....!
Is this setup stage 1 or 3?

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Ok so we have one customer with the setup installed and another asking what stage the install is, so I have to ask, have I missed a product announcement or something?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
So I guess my question was stupid :slap: since I didn't get an answer :wall:

Like phobos asked did I miss the announcement also?

Jim,
your talking about a package in sept. but I get the impression some of the parts you talked about are available now. Will there be a pricing change/discount as a package?

·
Registered
163 Posts
phobos512 said:
Ok so we have one customer with the setup installed and another asking what stage the install is, so I have to ask, have I missed a product announcement or something?
Check his website
<==========
He has two systems listed.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
goatee said:
Is this setup stage 1 or 3?
Sorry for the delay. Norm's GTO has the Stage 1 kit with Sport Springs, Struts & Shocks. While each car will lower differently, you can expect a 1-1.25" drop with the springs. The photos on my site are mine and not very good. I will have my photographer shoot the products as soon as I can and post them.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mlc said:
So I guess my question was stupid :slap: since I didn't get an answer :wall:

Like phobos asked did I miss the announcement also?

Jim,
your talking about a package in sept. but I get the impression some of the parts you talked about are available now. Will there be a pricing change/discount as a package?
Regarding the Sway bar??? Not stupid - just me asleep at the wheel; I didn't see it. We had a rear bar built but did not see any performance gain, with or without suspension mods. Thus, we decided to stay with the bushing upgrade, which does improve performance. Hopefully, one of the other manufacturers will build a front & rear sway bar set that performs.

The announcement went out today via several PR Services and several private forum posts. I have some springs sets (SportRyder and Eibach) in stock, but the coil-overs, struts & shocks, and other items are coming from Australia via Ship. (Slow boat.) I noticed a few orders already in the system, along with questions about when we process credit cards, and if this is considered a pre-order, etc.. On these suspension products, we will not process credit cards until the products are ready to ship.

I will package the Stage 1 Strut/Shock Kit with the Sport Springs (To be named the Stage 1 Suspension System) like Norm has on in the track photo he posted. The price will be adjusted down for the package.

Jim

1 - 19 of 19 Posts