LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2005 GTO Red/Black M6
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hesitation only occurs when the engine is cold,no problems starting the car[05-M6] and starting off in first but when I shift to second ,let off the the clutch and step on the gas, the car hesitates for a second and then takes off,the same problem occurs thru the other gears until it warms up a bit,and then it runs perfect.The hesitation is not just a minor blip,but a rather"deep" hesitation.Any thoughts?? Oh,the car had a maggie installed about 3 weeks ago,no problems then,not sure if the maggie tune being so rich would relate to this problem or not......Ron

·
sincitygoats.com
4,827 Posts
its in open loop, let it get warm before you get mean with it. you'll thank yourself later.

·
2005 GTO Red/Black M6
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm Ron from Jersey,remember me Brian,I did business w/you,any suggestions would be helpful.As I said in my earlier post,I did not have this problem when the maggie was first installed about 3 wks ago,it started doing this about 4 or 5 days ago,not sure if its a maggie problem at all........Ron

·
Here for a while
1,707 Posts
ronzride said:
I'm Ron from Jersey,remember me Brian,I did business w/you,any suggestions would be helpful.As I said in my earlier post,I did not have this problem when the maggie was first installed about 3 wks ago,it started doing this about 4 or 5 days ago,not sure if its a maggie problem at all........Ron

Yo Ron! It sounds to me like she is a little cold blooded. I will give Magnuson a call on monday and let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Mine also hesitates when I first try to start. I let go of it; try again; and it starts just fine. Unless the car is warm it always hesitates the first time I try starting.

·
1,695 Posts
lanceygto said:
Mine also hesitates when I first try to start. I let go of it; try again; and it starts just fine. Unless the car is warm it always hesitates the first time I try starting.

its not starting the car, its hesitation between shifts when the engine is cold.

·
Registered
478 Posts
my 2005 always starts just fine ... NO HESITATION ... and then I let it warm up for 2 minutes before pulling out onto the road to enjoy the ride!

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Sounds like the open loop enrichment needs to be tweaked up in the tune. You can't blame Magnuson, it probably never gets very cold in Ventura.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts