LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a couple of you in here.

I'm taking my Quicksilver A4 to Bandimere tonight - hoping to see a couple of you there, maybe.

How many do we have here?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
DevilYellow said:
I will put a rocky moutain section in soon... I just dont want it to be like the north west with tails talking to himself.
With all the practice it does increase my internal communcation skills.
:drink::drink:

·
3,327 Posts
The 'midwest' is such a broad area. I think it covers from Illinois to Colorado, maybe even include Ohio. Then you have Oklahoma up to N. Dakota. The New England and Texas guys are lucky, they have a designated "region" :D

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tuning starts at a mile high; if you do make a Rocky Mountains forum, I'll talk enough to myself if I have to to make it worth your time. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Doric said:
Tuning starts at a mile high; if you do make a Rocky Mountains forum, I'll talk enough to myself if I have to to make it worth your time. :)
I'm registered finally. I'll help keep a RM forum alive with ya.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Second run of the night - [email protected] (2.39 60', .084 R/T)

Third run of the night - [email protected] (2.35 60', .18 R/T)

Final run of the night - [email protected] (2.39 60', .18 R/T)

OK, the stats are: the car weighed in at 3,950 with me behind the wheel, I had 40psi in the rear tires, launched at 1200 RPMs, and ran without traction control (of course). The temperature at the track was 81 degrees with 24% humidity and the barometer was at 24.01.

If I can get my 60' times down by lowering the tire pressure a bit and modulating the throttle better off the line, I know I can break it into the 14s.

·
3,327 Posts
High altitude right? Guess I still suck. My best was a 14.7 with your tire pressure. About the same temp, but 75% humidity or so. All of my '60's were in the 2.3-2.4 range. I need to get back.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah. Just shy of 6000 feet. According to the correction factor (I hate correction factors), my best run would have been a [email protected] 5500' lower.

·
3,327 Posts
My best MPH was 98.3. Bear in mind that this was my first run at the track. Until I started reading up on it, I could not figure out how I was running 20mph higher there, and still got beat by 0.2 of a second. Im still a big time Noob when it comes to the dragstrip. (cars that is, if you want to drag me in the sand on a 4-wheeler, I know a lot about that)

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
2,345 Posts
I ran out there last month when I was just too darned hot. According to those in attendance that afternoon with the air temp and track temp along with the altitude there at Bandimere it equated to a run at 9000 feet. Best time for me was 15.3 Will go back out next month when it cools down. I have been on this board for 8 months now. Had the second Goat on the streets here in Co, would support a RM section.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4866

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like we had relatively similar experiences, CG. Any plans to go again soon?

·
Resident Ass-Clown
662 Posts
I never even noticed this forum. Did anyone here buy from Suss Pontiac?

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right here. July 17th. What's up?

·
Resident Ass-Clown
662 Posts

·
F-16, Now That's Some Ponies!
1,496 Posts
OK, I think TJ is banned until he gets a job. He's gone all the way back to 2004 posts. Next thing you know, he'll be writing a history of RMGTO book.

·
Administrator
20,356 Posts
might not be a bad idea. ( a history book )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts