LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I see you people like to use Zaino Brothers, some Swissol and Zymol, but has anyone used Colorsheild International on their GTO's? Reason I'm asking is that it's now in Australia and has been for 18 months. I have used it myself and I am very happy with it, but I was wondering how you people find it compared to everything else over there on the market?

I too have used Zaino Brothers, Swissol and Zymol plus Meguairs etc etc but found CSI to be the best.

Any feed back would be great.

Thank you and safe cruising :D

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Haven't heard of it over here, yet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok because it's made in the U.S.A. and is suppose to be one of your better known paint treatments. Here is their websitewww.colourshield.com. Like I said it's relatively new in Australia and just thought I'd see if you people had any feedback on it, good or bad. Your Navy uses it and recommends it as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does a good job of repelling dust and road grime. I can't fault the stuff to be honest and it gives a better shine then any other product I have ever used. Even after the 1.5yrs I have had it on my car it's still shinier then a car that's had a recent coat of wax. I'm very happy with it and dirt, road grime just washes straight off and the best part is no polishing/waxing for 5 years.

Like I said I thought I would ask seeing as it's made in the U.S.A. as to how many of you have used it and what you think of it?

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Its Liquid Teflon in a bottle. (PTFE)
I here Turtle Wax has just come out with it too.
Same stuff they use in some engine treatments as a friction reducer.
Saw an info commerical on it just last week.
Any thing to help weter run off the paint in stead of beading will help prevent dry spotting and etching :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmmmm that's very interesting! There is only one supplier of this product over here in Australia and he has told me that this product apparently has sent Ming/Wax Guard bankrupt in Canada and it's huge in the U.S.A. (please don't sue me if that's incorrect, you can't get blood from a stone). I haven't heard anyone mention this stuff in the U.S. yet and I though if it was so popular and so good why hasn't anyone mentioned it. I mean I'm happy with it and it does an excellent job on my car don't get me wrong, but like I said I haven't heard it menioned over there yet and just wanted to see how many have used it and what you think of it against other stuff on the market.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Monaro Aussie said:
Hmmmmmm that's very interesting! There is only one supplier of this product over here in Australia and he has told me that this product apparently has sent Ming/Wax Guard bankrupt in Canada and it's huge in the U.S.A. (please don't sue me if that's incorrect, you can't get blood from a stone). I haven't heard anyone mention this stuff in the U.S. yet and I though if it was so popular and so good why hasn't anyone mentioned it. I mean I'm happy with it and it does an excellent job on my car don't get me wrong, but like I said I haven't heard it menioned over there yet and just wanted to see how many have used it and what you think of it against other stuff on the market.

I ll give it a try on my LeSabre first as a test.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts