LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we needed the best to build our cat-back exhaust, we turned to Borla Performance. Its only natural that our Speedbuilt Competition Springs and Sway Bars for the GTO will be manufactured to our specs by Eibach.

With a 1" drop in the front and .5" drop in the rear, spring rate is increased, improving handling without compromising ride quality. No more nose dive on hard braking and the tendency for the rear end to dip hard on cornering is gone.

Before and after pictures. http://www.pfyc.com/gto/gt4001.jpg

Available soon in the new GTO Store at PFYC.

http://www.pfyc.com/gtostore

--
Mike Lewis
PFYC

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
price???
does this mean that there will also be adjustable struts availabe as well. i remember on the GP's that it wasnt a good idea to put lower springs on with stock struts because it would ruin the struts.

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
I know Eibach is having IRS spring problems on the cobras. Hopfully all is well with this kit (as I'm sure they are way different). I hope someone comes along with rear springs that are stiffer that do not lower the car.

Looks nice sitting there though, these cars squat too much.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gtodriver7 said:
price???
does this mean that there will also be adjustable struts availabe as well. i remember on the GP's that it wasnt a good idea to put lower springs on with stock struts because it would ruin the struts.
The springs are made to work fine with the stock dampers. The stock dampers are not a bad set up really, especially compared to the ones on the older Grand Prix. The problem with the GP was the fact that the dampers were so worthless, they couldn't handle the higher spring rate of the Eibachs. It was common for stock struts on the older Grand Prix to go at 10k miles and rarely did they have a set last 20k miles. The new 2004 Grand Prix has better dampers and the new springs for the 2004 Grand Prix have an even higher spring rate, yet still work with the factory dampers on that car.

Regardless, Koni will have adjustable struts and shocks for the car very shortly. We will be installing those as soon as we finish testing the Eibachs with the stock dampers.

Pricing will be about the same as our other Eibach products, about $229 or so for the set of 4.

--
Mike Lewis
PFYC

·
Registered
308 Posts
What will this drop do to the ability to use a larger tire on the rear?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
DevilYellow said:
I hope someone comes along with rear springs that are stiffer that do not lower the car.

Thats what I'm looking for too, but the way I see it, this car was made to be a sports car with high speed driving and handling. For daily driving the stock set up is fine.

There is always room for improvment.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tdimasi said:
What will this drop do to the ability to use a larger tire on the rear?
It certaily won't help that issue. In fact, I can't imagine it would do anything but limit you a little more on tire size upgrades. Just about any time you drop a car, you're further limiting the size of tires you have available to you.
speed_demon_freak said:
For daily driving the stock set up is fine.

There is always room for improvment.
I agree the car handles well stock but as you say there is always room for improvement. I personally like the extra handling capabilities the Eibachs have offered, especially eliminating the annoying outside rear end dip on hard cornering.

--
Mike Lewis
PFYC

·
Just a Re-engineered Cavalier
2,244 Posts
So you searched 3 years worth of threads to say that? You must have a lot of time on your hands.

·
Still a communist state
12,495 Posts
holy hell this thread is ancient

1 - 13 of 13 Posts