LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Still plays with cars...
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the Commodore VX tails from JHP this weekend and removed the "Pontiac" and "6.0" badges from the decklid. The stock '06 lights look great to me on a black or silver GTO - but the red Commodore VXs (at least in my humble opinion) look absolutely fabulous on a Torrid or Spice car, especially with a shaved decklid. So good that I think they should have come from the factory that way - pictures do NOT do them justice. I'll post up some pics as soon as I can borrow a digital camera, but I believe there are other pics on the forum that show the VXs on a Torrid Red car. If you have a Torrid or Spice I would think seriously about the Commodore VX tails - the look is exactly what I had in mind for my car - hopefully you will like it too. By the way, kudos to JHP - this is the second item I've purchased from them - great people to do business with!

·
Belch
943 Posts
I've got them on my yellow '04 -- and think they look better than the factory tails. The flowing horizontal lines of the VX tails do a much better job of complimenting the lines of the Monaro than the multiple circle ones. Great mod that's inexpensive and easy to do. Enjoy!

·
Just a Re-engineered Cavalier
2,244 Posts
They look good on blue too. Clean rear and VX tails were made for each other.

·
Still plays with cars...
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quantim0 said:
They look good on blue too. Clean rear and VX tails were made for each other.

Exactly. Nice car!

·
Mindless Poo Flinger
2,711 Posts
nice can wait to get mine, there somewhere between kangaroo-land and my place

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
8,787 Posts
ive got um coming for my IBM 06

out of all the pics ive seen , the 1 above of the spice red , is dam freakin sexy

·
NC Rogue Squadron
4,002 Posts
Although I still like the 06 tails I've found that the VX tails goes well with the dark window tint that I have. I would probably go back to the 06 tails if I didn't have tint or just switch back and forth depending on what kind of mood I'm in. The VX tails also go really well with any car that has the Spoiler Delete too.

I still haven't gotten the balls yet to save the "Pontiac" and "6.0" off.

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
8,787 Posts
00blackss said:
How much were they from JHP? I am trying to get a set. I think the 06 tails are ugly.

i like the 06 , but what i hate about them is the altezza look , since everyone and their mother whored out them out and ruined the looks of them

i got my tails today , and dam they are great looking , pics dont do them justice

·
Registered
1,901 Posts

·
bananas
7,356 Posts
Go to eBay for Australia and find a seller that will ship to the USA. You can grab a set pretty easily for $100 AUD or so.,.....shipped.

·
bananas
7,356 Posts
Ya, i'm looking, none are available
They come and go frequently, just keep an eye out for them. Some come with the harness, some don't. Some are brand new, some have scratches. etc.

I browse through eBay about once a week to see if there is anything good I can pick up.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts