LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,745 Posts
Carefully. I think there is a bracket that needs to be unbolted to allow enough flex.

It is possible to damage the line in the process, and that possibility may have increased with age. I would honestly look into having the refrigerant reclaimed beforehand, do the work, and then have the AC recharged. That way you can just unbolt the lines and get the condenser out of the way.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Carefully. I think there is a bracket that needs to be unbolted to allow enough flex.

It is possible to damage the line in the process, and that possibility may have increased with age. I would honestly look into having the refrigerant reclaimed beforehand, do the work, and then have the AC recharged. That way you can just unbolt the lines and get the condenser out of the way.
Unfortunately I've already pulled the engine apart, so getting the refrigerant reclaimed isn't an option.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,745 Posts
Unfortunately I've already pulled the engine apart, so getting the refrigerant reclaimed isn't an option.
For reclaiming refrigerant, look up some Youtube videos on how to do it. It is rather straight forward and you should be able to accomplish it with the purchase of a few tools. Otherwise, for rotating, you just need to carefully move the condenser up and over while verifying the line isn't getting caught on anything. I do know that it takes some finesse and finagling to get the drier and ears to clear the body.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts