LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Buy a Hybrid. I Need Your Gas
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Because of an upcoming mod I need to get some runs in with a wideband just to be safe, but I'd rather install a gauge in my car so I can monitor it all the time than just take a few pulls on a dyno.

So my question is, what exactly do I need to set up an air/fuel gauge? I read alot of threads about it but I keep reading about modules, programmers, tuners, etc. and that's too complex for what I need - I just want a simple, no frills a/f gauge.

1. What sensor would you recommend (I already know what gauge I want)
2. I'd like to use the wideband for both the ECU and the gauge so I don't have to weld another bung. Not sure if that makes a difference in which sensor I go with.
3. Before or after the cats?
4. As inexpensive as possible would be nice...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
HotRodKush said:
Because of an upcoming mod I need to get some runs in with a wideband just to be safe, but I'd rather install a gauge in my car so I can monitor it all the time than just take a few pulls on a dyno.

So my question is, what exactly do I need to set up an air/fuel gauge? I read alot of threads about it but I keep reading about modules, programmers, tuners, etc. and that's too complex for what I need - I just want a simple, no frills a/f gauge.

1. What gauge would you recommend
2. What sensor would you recommend
3. I'd like to use the wideband for both the ECU and the gauge so I don't have to weld another bung. Not sure if that makes a difference in which sensor I go with.
4. Before or after the cats?
5. As inexpensive as possible would be nice...

Thanks in advance!
I am far from and expert but I am looking at the FAST dual wideband setup. Comes with 2 wideband 02's so you can register both engine banks. I don't see the reason to just measure one bank when you can do both and get a more accurate reading of the whole picture. Seems that your just guessing if you do one bank as to what the other bank is seeing as well. Just my 2 cents.

www.fuelairspark.com

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
you can only tune the whole thing not one bank at a time so when you find your lean bank you tune for that. a dual would be nice but expensive and unnecessary. an Innovate LM-1 sounds like what you want or a LC-1 and gauge. the O2 sensor can dual purpose for narrow and wideband out of one bung. you have to be before the cats. check out http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
svede1212 said:
you can only tune the whole thing not one bank at a time so when you find your lean bank you tune for that. a dual would be nice but expensive and unnecessary. an Innovate LM-1 sounds like what you want or a LC-1 and gauge. the O2 sensor can dual purpose for narrow and wideband out of one bung. you have to be before the cats. check out http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/

Does a dual wideband allow you to tune accurately on the road without using a dyno? That is why I would like to have it...This is obviously after getting a full tune on the dyno.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
it shouldn't matter. single will do. you shouldn't be that close to the raggedy edge anyways. you can tune with HPT on the street and if you wish in real time or on the couch after dinner. my car has driven by a dyno but never been on one and it runs fine :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts