LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered this company that makes a connection cable for most cars to connect their ipod directly (NO RF, FM, or annoying static!). I've emailed them about the GTO (which they probably haven't tested yet...). I'll post their answer when I get a response. Should work on other gm cars, AND Fbodies!

http://www.ipod2car.com/

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Hmm, thats cool.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yeah, that's cool, but don't expect it to work with our HU. Alpine makes a controller for their HU's that you can control the iPod with, but I don't know if our steering wheel controls will work with the HU

·
Former Owner but Still Here
451 Posts
lively said:
Yeah, that's cool, but don't expect it to work with our HU. Alpine makes a controller for their HU's that you can control the iPod with, but I don't know if our steering wheel controls will work with the HU
That is cool, but it would be cooler if it worked with something other than an iPod.

·
3Deucesanda5speedanda455
411 Posts
Alpine makes a controller for their HU's that you can control the iPod with, but I don't know if our steering wheel controls will work with the HU
A PAC SWI X (steering wheel control interface) works GREAT with any aftermarket HU with an infrared remote. I used one on my Alpine in my Formula for years, with no issues whatsoever. You hook it up to the steering wheel conrtol wire, and program it with the remote for the aftermarket HU. You can program any button on the wheel to perform any function on the HU. The only downside is that there is a slight lag compared to the hardwired one, but it is a small price to pay for mp3 playback and XM.

As soon as I can get the dash plastic for the GTO, my Alpine 7894 is going in. The only snag is that the GTO has 2 less buttons on the steering wheel than the Formula had.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Have you heard back on this? Does our stock headunit have a CD changer port on it?

·
Registered
607 Posts
GTOGOAT said:
Have you heard back on this? Does our stock headunit have a CD changer port on it?
Our HU doesn't have any port on it for I/O.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Dash plastic

As soon as I can get the dash plastic for the GTO, my Alpine 7894 is going in. The only snag is that the GTO has 2 less buttons on the steering wheel than the Formula had.[/QUOTE]

Saw on another thread the other day that Metra has a kit for the GTO now. Not sure which thread though.

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got an email back from them yesterday, it won't work with our stereo. :banghead:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts