1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GTO or "Chevy Lumina Coupe" Auto :(

we don't have any Manual Goats in here!

so how much is it goin to cost me to convert my GTO from Auto to Manual 6

what stuff do i need to buy and where can i find them?

please help

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
I don't know that I'd even try, Dark! I would either consider a different car or some enhancements for your auto - new tune to minimize torque management intrusiveness and tighten the shift points, for starters, maybe a different converter? I'd listen to what Old Goat has to say when he chimes in. I think I'd learn to love my tranny... :eek:

·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dude its not only about the power! its also about the joy and shifting sound of the M6 hehe, i know it couldt cost alot but i just wanna know how much and what do i need.if its really alot! i will start thinking of new converter

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
DevilYellow said:
Sell the car and buy a manual, you need to change out the entire wiring harness and more ....
Yep, not to mention a different PCM. I would get the auto rebuilt 1 last time, fill it with synthetic ATF, and install a big-ass, fan-assisted B+M cooler.

·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DevilYellow said:
Sell the car and buy a manual, you need to change out the entire wiring harness and more ....
I would sell the car but... they just dont have Goats with Manual Tranny lol here! not even with 2005 :(

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts

·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
our Auto Goats comes with 3.08 final drive ratio lool , our 0-60 is like 6.5 which is slow! my best was 6.4 but still very slow!. how about i change it to the american 3.46:1 final drive ratio ?

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
My friend is converting his 3rd Generation Camaro Automatic into an LS1 M6 with parts from a 2002 TransAm that was totaled. Now keep in mind these cars have similar setups and the Mechanic just changed out the same exact setup a few months ago without problems. Changing a tranny in a car that has never had that type of set up in it will cause many problems. I remember one website where the mechanic was changing one car from Auto to manual, but they were different models of the same brand. He went through hell and in the end felt it wasn't worth the work.

·
3,327 Posts
Razinhell said:
My friend is converting his 3rd Generation Camaro Automatic into an LS1 M6 with parts from a 2002 TransAm that was totaled. Now keep in mind these cars have similar setups and the Mechanic just changed out the same exact setup a few months ago without problems. Changing a tranny in a car that has never had that type of set up in it will cause many problems. I remember one website where the mechanic was changing one car from Auto to manual, but they were different models of the same brand. He went through hell and in the end felt it wasn't worth the work.
Hmmm. I was thinking of putting the manual transmission in the elCamino when I get it restored. Of course this will be a frame-up coustom job with a crate motor, so I do not think this will be that big of a problem. Also several years down the road too, so I think I will be safe.

·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how about i change my rear end from 3.08 to 3.46 like the ones you guys have with your auto?

·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AnoxieGTO said:
change to a 3.73 if ur gonna change...
just a question. 3.73 is ganna top lower high speed than 3.46? below 152?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts