LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cliff notes: Alabama International Dragway, temp 65F and falling, <50% humidity, 30.08 on the barometer, altitude around 600 feet.

IOW, a GREAT night for drag racing.

First and best run:
60-foot: 1.744 :eek:
1/8th mile: 7.847 @ 89.12 :eek:
1/4 mile: 12.252 @ 111.75 :eek:

Film and commentary to follow.

:bubbrub :bubbrub :bubbrub

Padre

·
Registered
63 Posts
Awesome 60 and mph

·
Registered
138 Posts
Those are some great times Padre. I hope to be running that fast sooner or later.
:burnout:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Leggo said:
Those are some great times Padre. I hope to be running that fast sooner or later.
:burnout:

Lets see, now you are making me go back to the track so our times are not so close. :)

Nice job on the street tires that is one of a kind.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
That is a great run, and excellent numbers. I believe this is timeslip number 46 for you with your GTO.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Nice #'s padre....we will be waiting for the 11's :)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Padre, your than man brother. Great runs. I know you made your previous runs in the dead of summer. Now we are talking.

whipplegto-I belive he is using the stock diff and gears as well. He is going into the 11's with ease as soon as those gears go in.

·
King of Swing!!
28 Posts
It was grat to me you last night Padre and I had fun with our run even though we both blew the tires off lol. Maybe I will have my heads on the next time I come out and it will be a even better race.

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, now that I've got some sleep, here's the narrative version:

I was just mindin' my own bidness when... despite the hurricanes to the south, the weather turned just perfect - unseasonably cool. So I decide to drive the 100 miles to the Alabama Dragway and see what we can do. You know how much fun it is to just cruise out on the highway in a daily-driven car you know can do low-12's? :cool: And the Goat kept smoothly whispering in my ear, "Trust me, Padre, we're only going 70..." :sneaky:

So, yes, I had the SEG :D (sh*t-eating-grin) on my face when some kid in what I thought was an Acura (debadged, dual exhaust, about all I know) thinks he's faster than me. Well, since I'm a preacher, I figure a sermon on humility is in order. "Walked him" is the expression commonly used. He learned his lesson and once I slowed down to reasonable speeds (since I knew Trooper would be reading this thread), he passed me very slowly, as if saying, "please, sir, I promise to be good, may I pass now..." :)

Get to the track at 11pm, my time, since it's Midnight Madness test and tune and grudge racing night. Lots of very nice street cars - Stangs, F-bodies, a pretty good import scene, and lots of crazy men on bikes. The Goat, naturally, basked in all the adulation :hail: . Met lots of great folks as we waited for the runs to start.

So, down to business: the first run was just amazing. Hooked up without a millimeter of wheelspin. I mean, we're talking a neck-snapping launch. And she just pulled and pulled and pulled. Knocked 3-tenths off my previous best and added 2mph to my traps. Ya gotta love it when the Big Guy smiles on you and grants you some good drag-racing weather. Ya gotta love it too when you're not far from the 11's all-motor. :)

Well, the next run, I can tell the track is about to go to pot. A bit of wheelspin off the line (felt like wheelhop), but I kept it straight and kept on it, pulling a 12.6 with another 111mph.

Next run, young man videotaped me against a Mustang - just a 4.6 that apparently used to have a supercharger. Track is getting worse, I go sideways on the launch (2.2 60-foot), but no way am I losing to a Mustang, so I get back into it and take him by 8-tenths and trap at 109mph. So, thankfully, I upheld the honor of our race. :)

Finally, I run against Jwasted (who just posted) in his very nice LS1 Trans Am that runs low 12's and traps over 110. It would have been an awesome race, except that we both went sideways on the launch. Funny thing is that our rear-ends each slid inwards, so much so that it looked like we were about smack each other in the rear. :eek: But Jwasted straightened it out first and took me by 7-tenths, and we both trapped over 110.

Also met a young man with a brand-new red M6 Goat. Just bought it this week. 237 miles on the odometer! Naturally, he had the SEG :D on his face as well, and ya gotta love it that he takes it to the track the first chance he gets. I was hoping to run against him, but it got too late and I needed to get home.

Videos up next. :)

Padre

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As to the questions: the tires are 265/30-19 Toyo Proxies mounted on 19x9.5 TSW Thruxtons. Gears and diff are stock. Stall is 2800rpm. I'm looking at getting 3.73's and a lighter set of 17's with 275/40's and I should be 11's all-motor. I'm going to keep the stall at 2800 because it'll probably be best for the 150-shot that's coming. :)

Padre

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
gtodoug said:
Padre, your than man brother.
So that makes you PadreGTO man brother father? Great Run!!
:drink::drink:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Padre or anyone:

I have an A4, stock trans. Magnacharger in current tune gets the torque to 380 rear wheels by 2900 rpm, flat then until 5000. What are the variables, advantages re the stall speed? I see that this mod. is part of the Lingenfelter s/c A4 packages. Inquiring minds have to ask.

Hey, Padre, cool runnings! You make us proud.

·
Registered
593 Posts
What a great site. Just read the "How to race an A4 ...) thread which answered my questions. Thanks to the posters.

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
Very out standing job!
a new personal best! :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts