LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've replaced my water pump and thermostat after getting code P0128 for coolant undertemp and having a small coolant leak, code cleared but came back. While monitoring my obd2 scanner my thermostat opened up at the indicated 220 degrees, what do you guys think? bad new thermostat or faulty coolant temperature sensor?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i've replaced my water pump and thermostat after getting code P0128 for coolant undertemp and having a small coolant leak, code cleared but came back. While monitoring my obd2 scanner my thermostat opened up at the indicated 220 degrees, what do you guys think? bad new thermostat or faulty coolant temperature sensor?
thermostat was rated for 187 i believe

·
Registered
128 Posts
Did both sets of fans kick on b4 the thermostat opened? Or after? If after, then could be your sensor. If before, then could be thermoatat. The 2nd stage of fans comes on at around 200degrees

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did both sets of fans kick on b4 the thermostat opened? Or after? If after, then could be your sensor. If before, then could be thermoatat. The 2nd stage of fans comes on at around 200degrees
I’m honestly not sure I couldn’t tell just by listening, I might just shotgun the sensor and clear the code manually to see if it comes back

1 - 4 of 4 Posts