LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have an 06 GTO and it really is not drivable at the moment. Once it gets to operating temps it start spewing coolant quickly. Inspected the car today after I jacked it up, and it appears to look like some kind of wiring harness that coolant runs through? (super confused). Anyhow, I took a few pics the best I could, one side of this harness hooks to the alternator, then I trace it back and it splits off and go to other things (not sure what). It appears the plastic around the wires has become brittle and has fallen apart, and fluid leaks from there. Anyhow, what part is this exactly as I am stumped, usually with a coolant leak it is simple and it is one of the 2 radiator hoses, thank you!
image0.jpeg

·
Worthless reject member
47,715 Posts
it appears to look like some kind of wiring harness that coolant runs through?
lol, that's a good one.

coolant is probably spraying on the belt, being atomized by the coolant fans, or it's being thrown by another rotating part and spraying it everywhere. could be the hose from the crossover lines that go between the heads, it could be one of the radiator end tanks leaking, or a pinhole in one of the core tubes in the radiator, or it could be a weeping waterpump... just a few quick ideas.

finding these sorts of leaks is always fun.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
193K is pretty good, esp compared to my more than 17,000 miles when the radiator & tank decided they didn't like each other that much

1 - 7 of 7 Posts