LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the combined cfm is for the cooling fans? I’m looking to do a brushless fan setup on my car but I’d rather just do one fan instead of two. The brushless fan I’m looking at is 18” in diameter and puts out 4100cfm. Iirc I read somewhere that the stock fans put out 3500cfm and with them being 17 years old, I’d imagine that has diminished a good bit because brushed motors get weaker over time of use.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,587 Posts
Aside from CFM, verify that you aren't losing overall area coverage going from the duals to the single 18". (A = π r²)

For the 18" fan, you'd have an area of 254.469 sq.in of coverage. I don't know the stock fan sizes off the top of my head to calculate that.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aside from CFM, verify that you aren't losing overall area coverage going from the duals to the single 18". (A = π r²)

For the 18" fan, you'd have an area of 254.469 sq.in of coverage. I don't know the stock fan sizes off the top of my head to calculate that.
after actually looking and measuring, I don’t have room for one 18”. I’ll have to do a 14” and a 12”.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts