LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After offering to provide people with scans of the ad from Moreno Valley GMC dealer that is selling GTO for 23,885 I am just going to post a link since I was flooded with email. Good luck to all. This dealer was in SoCal, my salesman was Larry Glenn Fleet Manager. I bought mine on 8/22 for 25,885 and they have dropped the price 2000 more!! Somebody buy these!!

Use the following links to access the corresponding files:

/larry/Public/GTO_ADS:
https://ishare.ucr.edu/xythoswfs/webui/_xy-1962_1
Link to the GTO ads

·
QWIK GTO
220 Posts
I'm gonna print those ads and take them to the local car lot here and try to play the price game with them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thats a great deal on an awesome car. The cars well worth more than that and the dealers want to get rid of them to make room for the 05's. Now is the time to buy an 04.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Where's the fine print? Being in car sales, there is something missing. Lease Loyalty? Recent Grad? Military? etc....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JCMGTO said:
Where's the fine print? Being in car sales, there is something missing. Lease Loyalty? Recent Grad? Military? etc....
The only thing I had to do was finance through GMAC for part of the discount. I bought mine for the price seen at 25,833 on 8/22. The ONLY qualifier for 2000 of the discount was that I finance through GMAC, which I did at 2.9% for 60 mo. which was a fantastic deal. The GMAC financing discount has grown on this car to 3500 and the dealer has now discounted the car even more to arrive at the 23,833 price you see in the latest ads that appeared in my Sunday paper 9/19. There are 2 dealers in my area advertising 04 GTO's at that price. I am about to go buy another one for my wife if these don't get bought up soon. I thought I was STEALING mine at 25,833 but at 23,833 it is just too good to pass up. I am 52, been a car nut for a long time owned em all and this is the best bang for the buck I have EVER run accross. It is a FUN car to drive and everytime I think about the fact I got a 350hp car for under 26K I chuckle. Get one.

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
JCMGTO said:
The fine print is "one at this price" or on the other add, it lists only one stock number = one car at that price. Probably the oldest unit, worst color, and they are probably holding 3 instant value certificates ($1500) that can only be used on that car.

Another dealer by us is doing the same thing, but heavily bait and switching - advertising an extremely low price, then trying their HARDEST to talk you out of it - "it's got 500 miles, you never know how hard those miles were" - "for only $1500 more you could own this nice red one instead of this XXXXX color..." etc. And they'll even tell you that THIS car is the only car available at the price, all the others are higher...They have yet to sell that one car at the advertised price...

Fact is invoice minus rebates is ~$27,300+ (depending on the percentage of advertising the dealer pays), and some dealers still have coupons left that can total $1500, and holdback is about $975. So a net-net deal would be $24,825 with EVERYTHING given to you (dealer makes $0 - as long as they have coupons). Anything past that and theres typically a REASON it's that low...You always have to wonder when it's not "all in stock".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts