LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
CAR CRAZY
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, Attention all So Cal GTO owners, here's something you don't want to miss! I have been talking with Larry Blumberg, Chairman, 2006 SRT Coronado Speed Festival and Les Werling, who is coordinating the Car Corral (Car Show part of the festival) and we've been invited to participate as a group. Now's you chance to show you support to the troops and show your car, joining many other car clubs as part of the overall speed festival. I will e-mail you the entry form, just pm me your e-mail address. (I can't figure out how to attach it here, the pdf is over the 100 kb limit)

If you haven't heard of it, please take a look at the following links:

It's part of these overall activities: http://fleetweeksandiego.org/

Here's the site: http://coronadospeedfestival.com/

Here's the specific event: http://fleetweeksandiego.org/event37.htm

I've been to all of them, the vintage racing is phenomenal! I met Phil Hill, Dan Gurney, Vic Edelbrock, Carroll Shelby and many others there, since you can wander freely through the paddock area and see the cars and racers up close!
It is a BIG EVENT! It directly supports our Military through Morale, Welfare and Recreation!

Let's show them all about the new GTO!!!! I need to let them know who's going. Come on, post up now!:patriot:

1) deanb60
2) yesbill
3) x-zz4
4) PsychoGTO (maybe)
5) Tempernoi
6) Mad Dan Eccles
7) 06phantom
8) BacKDooRMaN
9) Nightclaw
10) Yellow04 (working him! Maybe? Come on Chris! Don't miss this! I'll introduce you to Vic Edelbrock!)

·
GTO went bye-bye
1,455 Posts
i'm assuming we're taking part in the car show and NOT the race, correct?

either way, sounds like fun. put me down!

Mike

·
CAR CRAZY
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Correct, the car show. Comes with admission, goodie bag, car show T-shirt and a chance at a trophy!

It's vintage racing, multiple classes from the '20s to the historic early '70s Trans Am class. Original cars out there racing, such as the '57 Ferrari Testarossa (what a sound that V12 makes!) Lots of orginal AC Cobras, Shelbys, 1st gen Z/28s, many historic original cars. It's fantastic!

By the way, I did ask them if we could take a lap around the track. Sorry, no was the answer. We would join in the car show part. This would be the first time the new GTOs would be there as part of the show. Some amazing cars show up there. Vic Edelbrock brings "The Fun Team" there every time and he and his daughters always race there. He brings the original Smokey Yunick Z/28 and his '63 Split Window Vette, his daughters bring their Shelbys. Many very famous racers and cars show up there every year.

·
Stand Back - I Spray!
693 Posts

·
Stand Back - I Spray!
693 Posts
PsychoGTO said:
I might just go to check out the cars. My car is not in car show material.
Dude....it doesn't have to be. There are alot of POS cars of other makes parked there too. Your car is just fine I'm sure.....and you don't have to raise your hood or anything.....just park it and lock it! Join us......at least you'll get preferred parking and won't have to ride the shuttle or walk a mile! And the more "new" GTO's the better. Here was the entire representation of GTO's last year.....:(

And hey.....like I said.....look how close you'll get to park! Everyone else has to park AT LEAST a half mile away.

·
CAR CRAZY
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PsychoGTO said:
It's worth it! Hey, just wash your car. It's nice. It's just a great time and thanks x-zz4, exactly right. (GTOs need better representation there) I have a picture of those two also. Come on, lets go! (You get a T-shirt, a goodie bag, entry into the Speed Festival and the BEST parking as you can see, plus a chance at a trophy) PM me and I'll send you an entry form. Dean:patriot:

·
CAR CRAZY
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
x-zz4 - Thanks so much for posting the links to your pictures. Those are great. I have a lot of them but you've saved me a lot of trouble. Everyone please take a look at those that x-zz4 has posted, it's a great overall view of what we're going to introduce our new GTO group to!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Put me down on the maybe list.
This sounds like fun. :wiggle:
I might have to go out of town on business, but it may get pushed to the following weekend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
deanb60 said:
Let's show them all about the new GTO!!!! I need to let them know who's going. Come on, post up now!:patriot:

1) deanb60
2) whiteboyslo
3) yesbill
4) x-zz4
5) PsychoGTO (maybe)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)

We're in...

·
Stand Back - I Spray!
693 Posts
Hey......I just noticed that this is actually a car show this year (apparently the first annual)! I thought this was just the Corral again.

So do you know......are we parking in the corral or seperately? Do I also get (and/or need) a corral entry pass?

·
CAR CRAZY
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
x-zz4 said:
Hey......I just noticed that this is actually a car show this year (apparently the first annual)! I thought this was just the Corral again.

So do you know......are we parking in the corral or seperately? Do I also get (and/or need) a corral entry pass?
By mailing in the entry form, we will all get tickets by mail and will all be in the corral, but if you choose not to show your car for judging, it's $5.00 LESS than the cost on the form. (which is $30 for 1 day, $40 for both days).

The show for judging is by choice once in there for that specific judging period at 11:00 in a special judging area, but when that's over, you return back to the group's parking together within the corral still.

I will have the corral passes there, and as long as you have your ticket that will come in the mail, you will get in anyway and will get your corral pass from me or Les as you show up. No problem.

Thanks! Dean:)

·
CAR CRAZY
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PsychoGTO said:
No problem either way, you will be with us and Les told me today that if you don't want to show your car, it'll be $5.oo less in the cost but you still get in the corral for the day(s) you desire. Just mail in your registration form and your tickets will be sent to you, then you'll get the corral pass there by showing the ticket. I can't wait, this will be so much fun! Invite everyone you know and we'll amaze them with the GTOs!

Best regards, Dean:)

·
Stand Back - I Spray!
693 Posts
Cool! Can't beat $40 for both days, car show and the goodies, and corral parking! What a deal!!!!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I wouldn't mind going to this but every year it's the same time as the California Hot Rod Reunion. Since I generally work there and plus if there's cars to crew, I'm there and not here. Don't know if we are going this year with the car's or for work so put me down as a maybe.
Paul

·
Stand Back - I Spray!
693 Posts
whiteboyslo said:
so which day are most people planning on going? i can't really go both days.

Mike
I'm buying a both day ticket just in case I can go both days......but in reality I probably won't be able to make it Saturday......I'll be there for sure on Sunday though.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts