LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Talked to our Corsa rep Friday. Corsa already has a large supply of GTO exhaust systems made and in storage. Still working out prices with GM.I think on or about 4/15/04, dealers will be able to order them. Then 1-3 weeks GM dealers will have them for sale.

As I understand it, but not sure on this, there will be 1 3" pipe for the system
with your choice of 2 different pipes

Some of you will be disappointed not having say 2-2 inch pipes. But do the math: 1 three in pipe has more area than 2 two inch pipes; by almost 7.85"
We tried getting 10 sysems Friday, but would not let us order.

So all of you know, dealers have to pay about $70 or so a piece shipping if they order under 5 systems. Keep that in mind if you want to get one. The Corsa systems have worked very well with all the vehicle applications. We just put one on a GTP, and sold it literally in 25 minutes after Q/C checking. On our truck line, I could not buy it cheaper going outside of GM. To start, at least for some time, the systems will not be available to anyone but a GM dealership. If purchased thru the dealer, GM will warranty it for life. No one should ever take any #@#$%^&* about it. The only senerio I could see would be if deaelrship #1 installs it and does not install it correctly. Dealership #2 may not warranty it because it was installed incorrectly. However, other than not tighteing up clamps, and probably doing over 200 Corsa systems, I cannot see how you could screw it up. No cutting or welding has every been required. Would assume this to be true on the GTO
dms

·
Registered Cruiser
77 Posts
Is that a single 3" pipe for the system or twin 3"? You really need to have twin 2.25" at least, if not twin 2.5". A few guys are running twin 3" over here, but only in conjunction with decent head/cam packages. A single 3" would be like sticking a cork up the LS1's butt.

Mick

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 twos or 1 three" Pipe

I know there is more involved than pipe size, but 1 3 inch pipe is larger than
dual 2 inch pipes. I believe but could be wrong the pipes are 2" currently??
there is no way Corsa would may a system that did not work well. All of their systems work really well for the cars and trucks that I have done.

I also think the tone is better, more lower, with a bigger pipe. Now using two 2.5" pipes is a totally different ballgame.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Price

They are still wrkign that out. I would estiamte it if it is like the GTP to be in the range of $800-$1000, but absolutley do not quote me on this. When I get the pricing I willl tell all.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
dms said:
They are still wrkign that out. I would estiamte it if it is like the GTP to be in the range of $800-$1000, but absolutley do not quote me on this. When I get the pricing I willl tell all.

thanks for the estimate. dont forget the HP gains if possible ;)

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pricyng and Gains

Will call the rep again on Monday, and really put the squueze to him on the numbers and being more specific about it. One thing is true. they have recived more cals about the GTO exhaust than any other car. thos goes to show you the caliber of owners this car is attracting. Its really quite exciting. In our store, we have sold 4 GTO's. All but one have had or have a vintage unit. On told me he even pard the old one outside, and gave the new on Top Status in the garage. GTO owners coming in hav so much knowledg about the heritiage, it makes showing the car a real thrill. If anyone doubts it, look at the great participation and sharing of info her.
Just wai† and see when all the stuff all of us have been talking about actually comes out. Vette owners can kiss our ...........

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
$800 - 1,000!!!

I know Corsa's quality and their reputation with the Corvette community, but they're on crack if they think I'm gonna pay that.

Our system is a 2.5" system into the mufflers and a 2.25" out of the mufflers. The mufflers measure 10" long on one side and 10.25" on the other. I ordered a set of Magnaflow 4x9 muffler's today that installed will be $300. Yes it'll make do with the stock piping, but I can live with it until I do a big motor.

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
762 Posts
A 3" pipe is slightly "bigger" than two 2" pipes. But dual 2.25" pipes are "bigger" than a single 3" (while retaining the true dual configuration I prefer).

I'd rather have two 2.5" pipes since that's even more than a single 3.5" pipe. A good intake, LT's and good flowing cats and mufflers with 2.5" pipe should really open up the top end of the LS1.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Corsa is a great quality product, but if this isn't a true dual setup then forget it. I know that a y pipe setup can flow almost as good but the sound will change and become exactly what the fbody was. true dual is a different sound and the fbody guys would kill for an easy dual setup.

as for price i wouldn't be surprised if it is 1000 bucks. LT headers and cats to OE catback is a better first mod for that price.

i still want to see and hear the corsa though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts