LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive decided to go with a corsa cat back. Couple questions, can i expect more hp gain due to the cam ive got or will it be about the same as if the motor was stock, and do they sound as good as i hope it will?

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
I had the Corsa when I still had the 04' bumper. I felt a little bit of a gain. I am sure that you will see extra gains from the exhaust with your cam.

On another note. I loked the quality, and sound of the Corsa so much. I installed an 05' Corsa sport when i changed the bumper to the 05' bumper.

Check out this link. I have kooks headers, no cats, Corsa sport (05'), and stock cam and tune. This was at NED on Sept. 16th. First time ever drag racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR06B2ZfAw0

·
whats under the hood? stock..
825 Posts
i have the 05 sport and i like it except my guy instaled it weird so i have had problems but its a nice mellow sound when your at idle but when you wot, well you deff know you driving a v8

nice video what you lost to an srt 4 what happend no traction?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Take a look at Magnaflow.........much better system and cheaper too.

JET

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
racefaceboy said:
i have the 05 sport and i like it except my guy instaled it weird so i have had problems but its a nice mellow sound when your at idle but when you wot, well you deff know you driving a v8

nice video what you lost to an srt 4 what happend no traction?
SRT-4 had stage 3 and slicks. I was a first timer, and was about 200 miles away from home, and a ride home. Did not want to break an axle, and figure out what to tell AAA. Next time, tune, clutch, gears, and a trailer.:ftw:

·
Registered
149 Posts
J.E.T. said:
Take a look at Magnaflow.........much better system and cheaper too.

JET

Didn't you really like the Corsa system, right after you bought it? Seems like you gave out the same sort of advice to anybody that wanted to know about Corsa catbacks..."Love it" "No drone" etc...

Maybe that was at the other forum?

:confused:

Glad you're having good luck with the magnaflow tho'

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the corsa cat back on last night and it defintaly sounds different than any other system I've heard on an american muscle car. I like the sound just not as throaty as i thought it would be. By the way i noticed some difference in the low end range for sure, not sure about the top end. Ran a PB of 8.57 in the 1/8 at 84 mph. Hope to see even lower numbers after the cai and some more tuning. Thanks for the replys.

GB

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Saw an indendent test done were the Corsa Catback made 12 rwhp on an LS2 Vette.

·
New PB MPH - 127.54
2,376 Posts
I bought my car from a dealer (used) that had the Corsa Sport Cat-back on it already. When he moved it around the lot, he said the exhaust sounded good, but was stock. He obviously didn't get into it because it comes to life under acceleration (sound wise). But its not your "wake the dead" loud either.

Like I said I bought the car with it already, so I don't know about power increases.

·
Hazard to Society
5,284 Posts
6.0gto_noob said:
I bought my car from a dealer (used) that had the Corsa Sport Cat-back on it already. When he moved it around the lot, he said the exhaust sounded good, but was stock. He obviously didn't get into it because it comes to life under acceleration (sound wise). But its not your "wake the dead" loud either.

Like I said I bought the car with it already, so I don't know about power increases.
yea... put some fricken Longtubes on there. you'll wake up more than the dead.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
ModBoss2 said:
Didn't you really like the Corsa system, right after you bought it? Seems like you gave out the same sort of advice to anybody that wanted to know about Corsa catbacks..."Love it" "No drone" etc...

Maybe that was at the other forum?

:confused:

Glad you're having good luck with the magnaflow tho'
Yea, I've liked a lot of the products I've added........but, after a while they tend to fail or cause more trouble than they're worth. The Corsa system did that. After a few months I couldn't get the vibration/rattle whatever out of the passenger side pipe. After six different tries from different shops and Corsa dealers I decided it just wasn't worth the angst any more so I replaced it with a Magnaflow system. FWIW I think the Corsa design is just not meant for our cars. The huge can in the very rear just doesn't fit up right IMO. BTW, my Corsa is sitting at Bob's shop (Precision Motorsports, they're a sponsor here) in Hudson, FL and is for sale.........cheap.

JET

·
Registered
149 Posts
J.E.T. said:
Yea, I've liked a lot of the products I've added........but, after a while they tend to fail or cause more trouble than they're worth. The Corsa system did that. After a few months I couldn't get the vibration/rattle whatever out of the passenger side pipe. After six different tries from different shops and Corsa dealers I decided it just wasn't worth the angst any more so I replaced it with a Magnaflow system. FWIW I think the Corsa design is just not meant for our cars. The huge can in the very rear just doesn't fit up right IMO. BTW, my Corsa is sitting at Bob's shop (Precision Motorsports, they're a sponsor here) in Hudson, FL and is for sale.........cheap.

JET
I guess sometimes you just run into that sort of bad luck. Happened w/ my last vehicle (CSVT)...3 exhaust systems, hi-flo catted Y-pipe didn't last, chip was junk, etc...I've got a big dumpster around back and that's where most of those mods went. :sick:

So far not having that problem with my mods to this car.

*knocks on wood*

·
Registered
291 Posts
My car had the Corsa sport on it when I picked it up....so I can't compare it to stock. I've noticed that it sounds much louder outside of the car than it does from the inside of the car. Idle is pretty quiet, but at WOT it really screams. Not nearly as loud or throaty as my Z28 with the loudmouth was. Doesn't have quite the "typical V8" sound to it either....sounds almost more like an exotic....VERY cool though!! I like it.

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
The difference is significant coming off a true dual LMII.

The LMII echoed where ever I went. The sound bounced off buildings and parked cars. It popped snorted and burped on decel. Amazing.

The Corsa Touring is much more refined. It still pops, but the sound is arears. It doesn't pentrate the cabin. You can come and go unnoticed, not possible with the LM.

WOT is screams, but it sounds like ripping cloth more that the blat of a straight pipe dual.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts