LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay...somehow the original thread on this just vanished. Does anyone have a sound clip and/or video of Corsa Touring with LTs? (NOT Corsa Sport - we know what this sounds like, and many threads to show it - please don't post links to those).

·
Da Bidness End
677 Posts
PM me your email add. I've got a couple of vids from an '04. I'd send you vids of mine ('05 SLP LTs and '05 Corsa Touring) but I STILL havent gotten it back from the shop. I did start it up last week though. Perfect for me, not too loud but you know it's not stock. More than happy with it! :turbonaug

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Take a look at Magnaflow's system......much better and cheaper too. My Corsa Touring is for sale if you're interested.

JET

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
J.E.T. said:
Take a look at Magnaflow's system......much better and cheaper too. My Corsa Touring is for sale if you're interested.

JET
I have the Corsa Touring (see my sig)...LOL!

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeller Jakett said:
PM me your email add. I've got a couple of vids from an '04. I'd send you vids of mine ('05 SLP LTs and '05 Corsa Touring) but I STILL havent gotten it back from the shop. I did start it up last week though. Perfect for me, not too loud but you know it's not stock. More than happy with it! :turbonaug
Sent PM. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Sorry 'bout that.......wanna buy a "back-up"?

JET

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Nope, it's still sitting down in Hudson, FL at Precision Motorsports (sponsor here). LMK if you're interested........or call Bob at Precision.

JET

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I should have Dynatech's LTs incoming soon; should have been here already, but I had them shipped to workplace which was under alert because of that dirty bomb thing going on. Hopefully they come in on Monday. I'll post a vid if I can get one done; however, if it sounds anything like the 04 videos there, I may end up going back to stock catback and get something else. Then again, the 05 touring doesn't quite sound the same as the 04 touring either.

·
Been here for a long time...
4,659 Posts
I have Dynatech's and cats going into a Corsa Touring. Its not too bad but I think I'm pulling the Corsa off for something else. So mine is also up for sale :)

I can try and get vids or sound clips up. Just have to get time and record it.

·
whats under the hood? stock..
825 Posts
i thought i would like the corsa but it doesn't have the v8 sound i am looking for. dont get me wrong it sounds like a v8 but i want something different. i am sure some of you guys would agree.

·
Da Bidness End
677 Posts
Ok. Ole Yeller is back. I'm taking her to get tuned tomorrow. I have a digital camera and will try to get a good video. The sound quality really sucks on this thing but I'll try to get as far away from it as possible so it doesn't get distorted. As far as comments. Absolutely perfect! Quiet enough for a 40 something old fart like myself but it barks when you get on it so I can feel young again. It's probably almost as quiet as stock under normal docile driving. It's quieter than my 04 Corsa Sport with stock manifolds and cats. Tone is similar to a Vette or maybe an 05-06 Sport system with stock cats and manifolds. Mine is an LS1 so it's probably a bit louder than an LS2.

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Rob said:
I have Dynatech's and cats going into a Corsa Touring. Its not too bad but I think I'm pulling the Corsa off for something else. So mine is also up for sale :)

I can try and get vids or sound clips up. Just have to get time and record it.

What do you not like about it? sound quality? loudness? what's the scoop?

LR

·
Been here for a long time...
4,659 Posts
Magnified said:
What do you not like about it? sound quality? loudness? what's the scoop?

LR
Hard to say. The sound is pretty good for the most part. Definitely not annoying. Maybe it stems from the oval tip? I like the stock look of the two pipes coming out. Thought about having a new tip made but nobody local wants to touch it :(

I did do a short start up vid of the car yesterday morning with a 2K rev and hold. I'll try to post that in minute.

Edit:

Here's the vid.
http://users.adelphia.net/~tta1387/Corsa_small.wmv

Also, here was my post in the for sale section:
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112157

·
Da Bidness End
677 Posts
We have video!

Ok, I lied a little. Holy fecal material Batman! It's loud as FRICK! Idle and start up are nice as well as at cruise but at WOT, 5-6000+ RPM it screams. My ears are still ringing. But somehow, this seems like a good thing. The video doesn't really do the volume justice, but the tone is right. The skipping and popping is the camera. The "clang" is the construction crew next door. It's a little more muscle car than I honestly expected. Very happy with it.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvLq3cR5kng

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Thanks for the vid, gentlemen.

LR

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thanks for the post and video Yeller Jakett. You should make another one of you going WOT down the road with some revs in there as well. What is wrong with the camera, bad mic?

The 05 Corsa Touring definitely sounds different than 04 system with LT; but I also wonder if maybe the resonators have broken in as well - I have noticed it does sound different from when I first bought the system. I might just stick with it.

My headers should be coming in soon; they just left JetHot yesterday (they were behind on the 2000 coating). After I get them installed I'm heading out the CAM for a tune, which unfortunately, is 2 weeks out since I had an appt for tommorow, but cancelled without the headers. GMM Ripshift came in yesterday - will probably hit up installing that this weekend.

I'll definitely work on getting videos done so everyone can here the system with the LS2.

·
Da Bidness End
677 Posts
ls6gto said:
Thanks for the post and video Yeller Jakett. You should make another one of you going WOT down the road with some revs in there as well. What is wrong with the camera, bad mic?
Bad camera. You should hear (or not) the videos I've taken on my boat - worthless.
For example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9tOSGQV9SE
But I digress, this is the exhaust forum. I'll see what I can do in the next couple of days...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts