Corvette or GTO?

• Corvette

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • GTO

Votes: 33 58.9%

Corvette or GTO?

3K views 41 replies 24 participants last post by  teejay 
#1 ·
If someone came up to you and offered you a Corvette or GTO for free which would you choose? Why?

#3 ·
gto_in_nc said:
I'd take the 'Vette 'cause I've already got a Goat!

Ok now thats was not fair :D .......If you had neither....

#4 ·
With a wife, kid and dog, a two-seater would not have been fair to anyone, especially since I was trading in a sedan. That pretty much rules out the 'Vette - unless I could have kept my Bonnie, in which case I would take an '05 'Vette roadster, please!

#5 ·
Corvette. I couldn't afford one otherwise.

Blitzu, you're the only person I know of having so many problems. I'm sorry to hear it, man. I sure hope things work out. Good luck!

#10 ·
At this stage in my life, I'd have to choose the GTO. I gave up an S2000 because it was too inconvenient with a wife and two kids. Maybe when the kids get old enough to leave the house, I'll be thinking more along the lines of a two-seater again.

#11 ·
Blitzu said:
I swear I have been cursed. Tomorrow will be my 8th trip to the dealer for shifter repair. Three of those trips have been for the same transmission shifting problem, which they have NEVER fully fixed. Why must dealerships try to side step proper repair when doing warrenty work? I will never understand. I am going straight back to the dealer where I purchased my car with all my work slips since I purchased the car and ask them why I paid $35K for this? And why do I still have the same problems????
I would pursue the lemon law.

#12 ·
Couldn't get a 2 seater sports car with two small boys. The GTO is perfect for me. I don't plan on going into the track anyway. I also don't participate in street races. Way too dangerous in my opinion. I do like to pass road hogs and snowbirds going 35 below the speed limit in their RV's and most of my vehicles accomplish that. When my kids are out of the house someday and my wife has finally gotten so tired of me that she has finally left me, then I will purchase a Viper for me and 19 year old redhead girlfriend.
LOL!

#13 ·
GTO 'cause of the small practical side of me needing a 4 seater and the lousy michigan weather.

#14 ·
Blitzu said:
I swear I have been cursed. Tomorrow will be my 8th trip to the dealer for shifter repair. Three of those trips have been for the same transmission shifting problem, which they have NEVER fully fixed. Why must dealerships try to side step proper repair when doing warrenty work? I will never understand. I am going straight back to the dealer where I purchased my car with all my work slips since I purchased the car and ask them why I paid $35K for this? And why do I still have the same problems????

Lemon Law it. I think it has to be in the shop for 30 days for the same problem. I would venture to guess the tranny is bad. They should replace the tranny because all the rods are internal and the shifter has interal stops.

#15 ·
Is your goat one of the earlier ones?

Blitzu said:

What kind of shitter, I mean shifter problems? Have you considered going to a competing dealer?

#16 · (Edited)
I guess it all depends on what you're looking for. If you want to turn heads and need the maximum performance, the Vette is definitely what you should get. If you're looking to get laid, from what I'm told the Vette works pretty well for that too. If you're looking for performance but on a more limited budget, GTO is the way to go.

Personally, I don't think these two cars compete too well head to head, given the major differences in styling, perception, and price. I've never driven a Vette, but it seems to me you're paying about $10-15k for the Corvette nameplate.

#17 ·
torrid_nc said:
I guess it all depends on what you're looking for. If you want to turn heads and need the maximum performance, the Vette is definitely what you're looking for. If you're looking to get laid, from what I'm told the Vette works pretty well for that too. If you're looking for performance but on a more limited budget, GTO is the way to go.

Personally, I don't think these two cars compete too well head to head, given the major differences in styling, perception, and price. I've never driven a Vette, but it seems to me you're paying about $10-15k for the Corvette nameplate.
I actually think the goat turns more heads.....I would take a GTO anyday.....vettes are nice but there is no shortage of them on the road. The goat has that WOW factor...

#21 ·
I traded in a 2003 vette for the GTO, if that tells you anything. And as far as the lemon law goes, 3 times for the same problem or 30 days for all your problems in 1 year and you are supposed to get a new one. (at least in wisconsin) I know because my car was in the shop for 8 different problems for a total of 17 days for the first two months I owned it. Fortunately I haven't had another problem in the last 2 months.

#22 ·
mrgto said:
Rumor is $5K Rebate on corvettes starting tomorrow. FYI. I wonder if GTO's will have incentives on them starting tomorrow also.
I heard $9000 off Z06 ,and if thats true I will be pissed,for the same price as a GTO.SOLD

#25 ·
Thats what my dealer told me today.Unconfirmed untill tomorrow but,if the new corvette has the same HP stock as the 2004 Z06,why wouldn't they dump them?

#26 ·
You can get $9000 off MSRP today at Kerbeck Corvette. But it ends today. I suppose its possible they will have new incentives tomorrow.

http://www.kerbeck.com/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.