I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AmesGTO said:
Did the guy in the Viper really want to race? Seemed like he only got on it once and only for a little while.
He missed a shift in the first run. In the second run, that just shows how hard that Cobra pulls against a stock Viper.

·
2,432 Posts
Isn't a stock Viper 0-60 in about 4 sec?

I'm just skeptical of these moving starts on public road races. Seems like one guy doesn’t know he is racing or won’t go over the speed limit as much as the other guy.

It’s hard enough comparing cars on a track because of weather and driver differences. I guess the guy in the Viper could suck at driving.

Still good video I like seeing cars like that pull hard.

·
Disaster
339 Posts
Awesome video STi! Gotta love seeing that Vette pull ahead :D But, can't get enough of that blower sound from the Cobra.

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RAZRS EDGE said:
Awesome video STi! Gotta love seeing that Vette pull ahead :D But, can't get enough of that blower sound from the Cobra.
Personally I loved the sound from the inside of that Vette. The LT5, I believe it was, was an amazing motor. Used to be the fastest production Vette before the ZO6, or so I'm told.

With all the work he had done to it, that car sounded NICE. :thumbs:

·
2,432 Posts
04bluegto said:
i love that vette it was great watching him kill that cobra guy that was the guy banned from here talking shit that he can beat a stock gto with his heavy modded cobra. he was taught a lesson there though.
That was the guy that was on the board about a month ago?

I want to see Howie smoking everything that moves when he gets that supercharger going full strength.

·
Disaster
339 Posts
STi said:
Personally I loved the sound from the inside of that Vette. The LT5, I believe it was, was an amazing motor. Used to be the fastest production Vette before the ZO6, or so I'm told.

With all the work he had done to it, that car sounded NICE. :thumbs:
Agreed :thumbs: :drink:

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
04bluegto said:
i love that vette it was great watching him kill that cobra guy that was the guy banned from here talking shit that he can beat a stock gto with his heavy modded cobra. he was taught a lesson there though.
They looked about dead even to me, hardly a kill. :sneaky:

And I don't think that was the same guy banned from here for talking shit.

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
04bluegto said:
yea it was what do you mean when the zr1 hit 4th it pulled almost 1 1/2 cars on it and it was still going and i dont think that viper guy was playing to much.
I believe, in the racing world, we call that "lifting."

Lifting : lift·ing. To remove ones foot from the accelerator at the end of a race.

The Cobra just got off the gas and the Vette kept going. Calling that a true "kill" would be the same as giving the Cobra a kill when the Vette missed fourth.

As the vid stated at the end, when they both ran without passengers, the Vette did pull 1.5 cars on the Cobra.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Thanks for posting. It got my blood moving this morning.
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
77 Posts
STi said:
I believe, in the racing world, we call that "lifting."

Lifting : lift·ing. To remove ones foot from the accelerator at the end of a race.

The Cobra just got off the gas and the Vette kept going. Calling that a true "kill" would be the same as giving the Cobra a kill when the Vette missed fourth.

As the vid stated at the end, when they both ran without passengers, the Vette did pull 1.5 cars on the Cobra.
Dont even try to fight it....some people just cant like other cars. Same thing happens in other car forums, certain people just cant be open minded and brush off insults thrown at their cars...

Seen the video at another board posted by the driver. I strongly do not believe that it was the same person coming around bragging about how a modded 03 Cobra could beat a stock GTO....thats a no brainer. But whatever...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts