LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't often post here--don't do much spirited driving in the goat. But I recently had two meeting with Corvettes. One is not really a "kill". A coworker with a beautiful 97 Vette lives a few blocks from me. Often we find ourselves headed down the same road and she generally passes me and waves. Well on a recent cool day I had the windows down, me and the goat enjoying the pretty weather, when here she comes. I slowly increased my speed to see if she would still try and pass. I looked back and she was still gaining. So, I let her front bumper get to my rear bumper and then downshift to 3rd and goose the goat. My car just took off. She didn't try to pursue, but later she told me how good the goat looked taking off down the road and said "that car is fast".
I only have about 700 miles on my 06, so I have not gone WOT yet.
Anyway, I was headed back to work at lunch and was stopped at light ready to enter the freeway (it narrows to one lane at the end of the ramp). I am in the "through" lane and when the light goes green I sense someone in my blind spot, so I goose the goat to get out front. Well, it was a cherry red 05 or 06 vette convertable with a young blond in it--she roars up next to me. I roll the throttle and go about 3/4 and shift to 2nd. I had momentarily held her off, and then she starts a steady pull. When I shift to 3rd I am at her rear quarter panel and again put the throttle down with some authority, but the peddle kicks back at me something fierce. I back off and she roars on ahead--looked and sounded great!
With my 04 I don't recall ever getting the pedal kicked back at me in 3rd. That was the first time I really tried to open the 06 up. Granted T/C was still on--but the peddle push back in 3rd surprised me!
Anyway, I know my place--no more vettes! I will be a good boy and go back to my old man driving. One of you younger guys should have had this meet up-- a beautiful young woman in a beautiful car wanting to race! Me I need to stick with the nursing home set!
Y'all be safe out there.
BLYGOAT

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chi-Town Goat said:
how much faster does your 06 feel compared to the 04?
It does feel stronger by the "butt-dyno"--but, again, I haven't really opened her up yet. I loved my 04 and had a dyno tune from Chuck at HPE on it. When I get more miles on this one I will need to ask Chuck to work his majic on this one. I am not a mod type of guy, so the upgrade was my mod! I really enjoy my 06--it is a blast.:burnout:
BLYGOAT

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
:gr_jest: Nahh, don't be afraid of those little C6s. Your car just didn't know what the hell you were trying to do to it.

·
RIP Jack of Hearts & Tootsie
7,563 Posts
Don't give me that Blygoat. You just wanted to look at her "rear", LOL

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

The TC is switched off right after the seatbelt comes on, unless it is wet, then even with TC on, its a gamble with fishtailing.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
stop being scared and go WOT and show those vettes the back of the goat's a$$ (c5 and under).

·
Registered
871 Posts
Time to put those spurs into its ribs and hit the road

your 3/4 throttle racing is making the rest of us look like slowpokes lol

·
CPO GTO
959 Posts
My 04 the pettal would kick back just like a goat!!! they removed it from the 05's though.

·
9 Second Club
14,785 Posts
BLYGOAT said:
I only have about 700 miles on my 06, so I have not gone WOT yet. Anyway, I know my place--no more vettes! I will be a good boy and go back to my old man driving. One of you younger guys should have had this meet up-- a beautiful young woman in a beautiful car wanting to race! Me I need to stick with the nursing home set! Y'all be safe out there.
BLYGOAT
It a hoot to play with them though, the vettes too.

·
Former GTO owner
619 Posts
With a few mods, you should be able to take on the vettes with no problem

·
LS1/2/6/7 motors FTW!!
302 Posts
Thull said:
Time to put those spurs into its ribs and hit the road

your 3/4 throttle racing is making the rest of us look like slowpokes lol
yeah what he said.......pedal to the floor man!!!!!:gears:

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
I havent had a shot at a vette yet but I def wouldnt back down it would be a blast. All the damn vettes around here have old fogies driving them. Whenever I roll up to one give her some throttle they just ignore me and continue their 65 mph cruise wasting such an amazing sports car. How many vettes do you guys think spend their life wasting away at 65mph never to even see the full potential or even close to it. It saddens me actually what a waste. I wanna be like move over let me show you what this car can do!

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
haha oh Im sure you would. You would give me a nice shot of the pretty round taillights you got on the back of that beast hahaha but I'd give it everything I had hahaha and it would be fun as hell.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
ViciousImpulse said:
I havent had a shot at a vette yet but I def wouldnt back down it would be a blast. All the damn vettes around here have old fogies driving them. Whenever I roll up to one give her some throttle they just ignore me and continue their 65 mph cruise wasting such an amazing sports car. How many vettes do you guys think spend their life wasting away at 65mph never to even see the full potential or even close to it. It saddens me actually what a waste. I wanna be like move over let me show you what this car can do!
My uncle is a corvette fanatic and has a collection of over 25 vettes from old vintage ones to a 06 ZO6. In fact he has some very rare corvettes worth a small fortune. He is about 65 years old and does all his racing on the track, usually Laguna Seca. He is a very good driver. Don't always judge a book by its cover. By the way he says the best corvette ever built is the new ZO6.

·
Registered
500 Posts
ViciousImpulse said:
Whenever I roll up to one give her some throttle they just ignore me and continue their 65 mph cruise wasting such an amazing sports car. How many vettes do you guys think spend their life wasting away at 65mph never to even see the full potential or even close to it. It saddens me actually what a waste. I wanna be like move over let me show you what this car can do!
Actually, I agree with most of what you are saying. At the sametime, I have nothing against anyone who doesn't want to race, regardless what they drive, it's their car and it's their choice, we just have a different mentality. ;)

I love all forms of racing and welcome the challenges by all. :D
GTO Fan said:
By the way he says the best corvette ever built is the new ZO6.
Definitely and it doesn't take vette ownership to realize this. ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts