LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the forum after purchasing an 06 GTO earlier tonight. since exhaust is always the best place to start I have a couple questions. At what hp level should you consider going from 1 3/4 to 1 7/8? Most likely I will be going with 1 3/4 since I won't be doing any engine work for some time. What kind of RWHP increase has anybody on the forum seen?? I've done a search for all the kooks posts and couldnt find a post with a before & after. I'm guessing around 35rwhp.

Any good installers in Washington DC area for headers?

Also I read about that nasty strut problem. Where do I find out the build date of my car?

TIA!

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
saubouin said:
Just joined the forum after purchasing an 06 GTO earlier tonight. since exhaust is always the best place to start I have a couple questions. At what hp level should you consider going from 1 3/4 to 1 7/8? Most likely I will be going with 1 3/4 since I won't be doing any engine work for some time. What kind of RWHP increase has anybody on the forum seen?? I've done a search for all the kooks posts and couldnt find a post with a before & after. I'm guessing around 35rwhp.

Any good installers in Washington DC area for headers?

Also I read about that nasty strut problem. Where do I find out the build date of my car?

TIA!

Congrats and Welcome

You'll see about 30-35 HP (a bit less at the wheels)
The HP difference between the two is very small, Unless your planning on a head/cam upgrade or a blower, go with the 1 3/4.

The build date is on the drivers door tag.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
I would stay with the 1 3/4. I got 1 7/8 because of big HP gains sson. Going heads, cam, and blower. The Kooks are a really nice brand. I have not tuned mine, nore dynoed mine since the header install. I can tell you. I love the feeling of the tire shredding tourqe I got. I also love the sound I get from my off road pipes, and my split 05' Corsa sport.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts