LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 2 month old GTO with around 1500 miles on it. I have noticed that the car makes a knocking noise when going over bumps and turning. Seems like this is a common issue, but is it worth taking to the dealer, or will they just replace struts and it happen again? I don't want to waste my time being without a car. Plus, I can live with it as long as it is not a problem that will cause something to break.

Also, I put er to the floor today and around 5000-6000 rpms a squealing noise came from the car, almost sounded like the tires spinning, but I was in 2nd, so I am thinking that's not what it was. The only other thing I can think of is the drive belt slipping. Anyone ever had this issue? The second the car shifted to the next gear, it stopped.

·
1 of 262
10,335 Posts
scotty7676 said:
I have an '06 2 month old GTO with around 1500 miles on it. I have noticed that the car makes a knocking noise when going over bumps and turning. Seems like this is a common issue, but is it worth taking to the dealer, or will they just replace struts and it happen again? I don't want to waste my time being without a car. Plus, I can live with it as long as it is not a problem that will cause something to break.

Also, I put er to the floor today and around 5000-6000 rpms a squealing noise came from the car, almost sounded like the tires spinning, but I was in 2nd, so I am thinking that's not what it was. The only other thing I can think of is the drive belt slipping. Anyone ever had this issue? The second the car shifted to the next gear, it stopped.
Sounds like bad struts or leaking radius rod bushings. (You don't have the shipping chocks still in the springs, do you?) You'll have to take it to the dealer. Remember that Holden sprays cosmoline and wax all-over the car before they ship it. The belt/pulleys may have some on causing it to squeal. Go to any Harley Davidson shop and buy a bottle of S100 Total cycle cleaner; follow the directions and clean everything under the hood.

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
S100 rocks. It's the $hit.

LR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts