LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
485, 432 rw m6
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed ARH 1 7/8 lt and had to bent the shit out of them just to drive. Hit the knuckle hard. Had to bend,beat generally screw up a top tube and a bottom tube on my beautiful headers. I wish these guys would properly test this stuff before people send in 1300+(with cats):turbonaug :bs: :barf: :fawkdance

·
The Situation
3,358 Posts
I would send those POS' back and just got with the kooks for that price. I am sure you can get the 1 7/8 kooks for less from a sponsor

·
Registered
837 Posts
I'm not sure it's the headers that are the problem. Seems that there's quite a variance in the cars as well.

My kooks headers slightly touch the steering stem while turning and on the gas yet others have no problem.

·
can crusher
2,069 Posts
Man, my head would have exploded. if i tackle an install myself, i expect the unexpected, but when you plunk down some bucks for a new part with a quality brand name and it doesn't fit - cranial chernobyl time. there wouldn't have been much of those headers left.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
That sucks dude. My kooks contact my rack while under a hard right hand corner. As well as I had a problem with one stud for the fire wall support studs, and the rack bolt. All but the contacting the rack have been completely fixed. No mods to headers.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just wondering... are u doing this to make a great base for f/i?? sounds like your spending alot of money when u could just get a s/c.. Please explain.. headers are starting to sound a really bad idea

1 - 7 of 7 Posts