LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow gtoers so I noticed the other night never had an issue with steering then I parked it and it sat for a couple hours then I got in and at very low speeds and turning while not moving it makes a very very noticeable creaking noise but goes away as I’m driving any ideas? Also my power steering reservoir was low so I topped it off with atf but it didn’t change anything thank you for your time!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Power steering creaking noise that goes away after driving. Something is drying out when car sits, then gets lubed (wet) when car is ran and noise goes away. Your fluid was low when you checked it - so you topped it back off. Did you remove the air from the line?

Here is link to everything you ever wanted to know about creaking noises - Search results for query: power steering creak noise

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Power steering creaking noise that goes away after driving. Something is drying out when car sits, then gets lubed (wet) when car is ran and noise goes away. Your fluid was low when you checked it - so you topped it back off. Did you remove the air from the line?

Here is link to everything you ever wanted to know about creaking noises - Search results for query: power steering creak noise

Welcome to the forum
I did not take air out honestly don’t know how but like I said it goes away when driving but comes back when I’m going slow again it’s really annoying and kinda embarrassing was hoping for any possible leads

1 - 3 of 3 Posts