LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a trick to activating the cruise control? I have read this section in the manual 4 times and tried many time since yesterday to activate it. (time to save some gas). Its not activating.

What I am trying:
Push in switch on left stock. Speedo display comes on and Cruise Enabled is displayed. CRUISE remains on on the bottom right.

At speed of 60 in 6th I rotate the left stock towards me to the DECEL/SET position. Nothing happens. Cruise Activated is not displayed and I start slowing down. The manual says I should get a Cruise Activated display at this point.

Am I missing something or does it sound like something is wrong? I have tried jiggling the stock when twisting towards me to see if the microswitch isn't closing but no dice.

_DM

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
dmonty said:
Is there a trick to activating the cruise control? I have read this section in the manual 4 times and tried many time since yesterday to activate it. (time to save some gas). Its not activating.

What I am trying:
Push in switch on left stock. Speedo display comes on and Cruise Enabled is displayed. CRUISE remains on on the bottom right.

At speed of 60 in 6th I rotate the left stock towards me to the DECEL/SET position. Nothing happens. Cruise Activated is not displayed and I start slowing down. The manual says I should get a Cruise Activated display at this point.

Am I missing something or does it sound like something is wrong? I have tried jiggling the stock when twisting towards me to see if the microswitch isn't closing but no dice.

_DM
sounds like a problem....I push button in......then turn dial toward me and voila.........then raise speed or lower if needed, dial up or down

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dbluegoat said:
sounds like a problem....I push button in......then turn dial toward me and voila.........then raise speed or lower if needed, dial up or down
Thanks Jason!

Sounds like a bad connection to me but I just wanted to ask first.

·
WOT's Up Doc?
2,537 Posts
Mine does that. But only occassionally. Sometimes after I already have it set and try to hit Resume. Or if I try to set a new speed. Really annoying.

I will be very interested to hear how you work yours out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts