LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having this issue? This morning I set the cruise and hit up to accelerate and it stayed stuck there. I didn't realize it til about 20 seconds later when i was going at least double the speed limit to unjam it. It was in the morning too when I was still a little tired so It took me awhile to catch it. Does anyone else have this problem? It is a major safety issue if there are more out there. I'm sure there are people out there who panic when something like this happens.

I searched but found nothing about this problem.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no its brand spanking new. I havn't drank or eaten out of the car yet. When i was going to the store awhile ago I was pushing it up and down when parked and it did get stuck up a few times. It seems like the plastics are rubbing so much it sticks.

·
Suffering Fools
15,366 Posts
That is bad. I'd take it back, unless you see some way you can fix it yourself and you don't mind doing it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm definitely taking it back monday morning. Maybe make a video so GM doesn't say "It works fine, go home"

·
GTO FOREVER
1,434 Posts
my cruise control didnt get stuck... but i can't set it anymore. i havent bothered looking for a fuse or anything...... *subscribing* to see how this turns out! :burnout:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Happened again this morning. Lucky I had my camera ready. Took a pic when it happend to get stuck driving and parked.

·
2004 Pulse Red A4
1,759 Posts
If Cruise mode is set to "off", the accel switch is deactivated right? So as long as you turn cruise off, you'd be back to manual speed control?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.