LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Loyd @ SNL Performance
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind... The website I linked to has the price on it it just wasn't working when I went there last... Flash player problem

·
Registered
92 Posts
DFWGTO said:
Nevermind... The website I linked to has the price on it it just wasn't working when I went there last... Flash player problem
what site did you find it on?

·
2,432 Posts
DFWGTO said:
Yeah he has the whole CS Performance site in flash so you have to have all that going to even get pricing.

I need to rework the links page on my site so it's more clear what each of the links are for. I get a couple of emails a day about it, usually from Monaro owners in Australia. It's good to see the links page is getting used anyway.

·
Loyd @ SNL Performance
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Air Box you are running looks great I did not see that mentioned anywhere....
Any details ?

·
2,432 Posts
DFWGTO said:
The Air Box you are running looks great I did not see that mentioned anywhere....
Any details ?
Thanks. That's an MPD aluminum box. They are a sponsor on the left. It's really made for their hood so it can feed into the top. I put a plexiglass window in to cover the top.

It does come with the K&N cone filter, or not if you don't need it.

·
GTO doctor
892 Posts
Did you notice any significant power gain with the MPD airbox? Any dyno numbers?

·
2,432 Posts
drburns said:
Did you notice any significant power gain with the MPD airbox? Any dyno numbers?
I had the LS1Speed kit on first. I notice a very big power gain with that. It's awesome I highly recommend it.

I then switched to the CSPeformance pipe and kept the cone filter. That setup felt pretty much the same.

Then I added the MPD box. The purpose of it would be to protect the cone from engine heat. I'm not convienced that the cone need protecting from the engine heat, but I do think the box looks cool and I like the way it supports the cone filter.

·
2,432 Posts
A_Vandelay said:
So just to double-check....is it the consensus now that using an aftermarket tube with the stock airbox is better than using the cone filter for overall performance? It seems like dilemma because on the one hand, the cone flows better but on the other hand the stock box will keep the air cooler.
I wouldn't call it the consensus. I first had a K&N in the stock box and didn't notice any power difference. When I put on the LS1Speed kit there was a huge difference and at that point I was going from the stock box with K&N to the LS1Speed kit.

The MPD box protects from hot air just like the stock box, but the MPD box has more places to draw air from and has more volume that the engine would have to warm. So if anything the MPD box with cone is more resistant to heat than the stock box.

But, I'd still take the LS1Speed kit with no protection from engine heat over the stock box.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for the help. I ordered one today. I plan on using it with the stock air box

1 - 11 of 11 Posts