LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GTO-3 SVT-0
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have done alot of home work on the thermistor and decided to buy one. i have a few questions that i hope some one can answer for me. i have a carbon fiber cs performance intake pipe is there any one that has moved the AIT sensor on a 04 from its original location on this pipe? to me it looks like its not possible but i thought i would ask just in case. also when soldering the new thermsitor to its new location do you have to use any certain soldering gun? certain temperature that it can't go over? thanks for the help

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
You want to use a pencil tip, medium wattage iron. It's not so much the temperature, but how long the heat has to be applied to melt the solder before damaging the thermistor. Too cold an iron is actually more dangerous. An alligator clip, needle nose pliers with a rubber band, metal hair clip, or purpose-built heatsink clamped between the heat source and the business end of the thermistor will draw off excess heat.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
I've got the CS performance pipe and I drilled it to match the stock location. I no longer have it there though because its right above the radiator. I put the stock IAT in the side for the stock airbox. I just ordered the thermistor and will be putting it in the same spot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts