LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I mostly finished up this project today, just have a small punch list of items to take care of. I have a lot of editing yet to do, and have no idea how many parts this will end up being but hopefully this will serve as a good resource for anyone planning on doing this in the future. I got clips of pretty much every step, not quite Chrisfix tier, but pretty good. I'll update as more videos get edited and uploaded.

Part 1

Part 2, painting with G2 high temp caliper paint

Part 3, ARP extended studs

Part 4, starting on the rears

Part 5, modding the rear control arm(?) and dust shield to fit the caliper

Apparently I can't put more than 5 videos in one thread, so here are links to the rest:

**Parts 6-9

**Part 10

·
Registered
109 Posts
FYI to all of you that are going to upgrade to the CTSV Brembo brakes. The "donut" spare wheel in the trunk (if you didn't already remove it) will not fit. Found this out the hard way.
If you put longer studs in the hubs and use some spacers, the spare wheel will fit.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have the 18" wheels, or the 17" wheels. Curious if the 17s will clear these.
18s are required for this setup but he does offer brackets to fit 4 piston calipers inside the 17s using Volvo rotors iirc

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Added a couple more videos to the first post, looks like it's gonna be about 11 or 12 videos averaging 15 minutes or so.

Welp, no more than 5 videos in one post. Now I see why people do those "reserved" posts in their threads. Here's the next 5:

Part 6, final installation of rear brakes

Part 7, front caliper fitment

Part 8a, DIY boring out rotor hub center

Part 8b, painting the part of the rotor that shows

Part 9, final installation of the fronts

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,051 Posts
FYI to all of you that are going to upgrade to the CTSV Brembo brakes. The "donut" spare wheel in the trunk (if you didn't already remove it) will not fit. Found this out the hard way.
If you put longer studs in the hubs and use some spacers, the spare wheel will fit.
The spare wheel from a 2nd-gen CTS-Vs will clear the rear brakes. I bought one years ago on eBay and it clears. Does still require a spacer, 5+mm I think.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok this is the final video of the series. Well, there is a video of bleeding the brakes but it's not really specific to this and I don't know if I'll even put it up. And I'm also thinking about doing a final video with a walk around, first drive, maybe a panic stop? Idk, I'll see. But as far as all the work required to complete this project, all of that is covered.

Part 10, installation of Goodridge braided stainless hoses

1 - 9 of 9 Posts