1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BattleHerks Forever
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions about the new Caddy

Is it based on the Monaro/GTO Platform?

Does the CTS V have the LS6?

Is the exhaust set up the same or similar to the GTO?

How much power does this car produce?

The reason I asking is that I am interested in upgrading the heads and cam in my GTO, and I think a CTS V probably displays the same performance #'s I could expect from such modifications.

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
BluGoatDvr said:
I have a few questions about the new Caddy

Is it based on the Monaro/GTO Platform? No, The Caddy is on the Sigma platform.

Does the CTS V have the LS6? Yes

Is the exhaust set up the same or similar to the GTO? Different than the GTO.

How much power does this car produce? 400HP, 395ft/Lbs Torque

The reason I asking is that I am interested in upgrading the heads and cam in my GTO, and I think a CTS V probably displays the same performance #'s I could expect from such modifications.
See above for answers.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Isn't the Sigma platform derived from an Opel platform which is a variant of the platform the Monaro/GTO is on? In which case, yes, they share similar underpinnings.

I know that sentence sounded very repetitive. :D

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Isn't the Sigma platform derived from an Opel platform which is a variant of the platform the Monaro/GTO is on? In which case, yes, they share similar underpinnings.
No, the Sigma is totally clean-sheet U.S. engineered and is in no way related to the old Omega.

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
A_Vandelay said:
I see you referring to all these different platforms but, I gotta tell ya, I'm not really sure what a platform is.
It's the basic lower structure of a vehicle (floor pan, frame, suspension) which the rest of it is built upon.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Sorry, I can never remember what’s on what platform anymore. It was soooo much easier when they were A, B, C, F, G, S, Y, and whatever else body’s. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts