LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an effort to park as close to the curb as I could, I rubbed my right front wheel against it leaving two rough marred edges on the rim about 1 inch long.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A WAY TO FIX THIS OR AT LEAST IMPROVE UPON THE LOOKS OF MY FAUX PAS?

Without replacing the wheel that is! :gears:

·
1 of 262
10,338 Posts
Wheel Collision will fix it like new for around $145. http://www.wheelcollision.com/

Or you can dismount the tire; sand/paint it.

· Info - Refinishing GTO Silver Painted Wheels #04-03-10-010 - (Aug 24, 2004)
Refinishing GTO Silver Painted Wheels
2004 Pontiac GTO

This bulletin is being issued to announce the color for the new GTO wheels. WA927K is for 2004 model year and WA251L is for 2005.

2004 Model Year
Paint Manufacture
Refinish code

Akzo Noble
GMA927KM

BASF
WA927K

PPG

Nexa
4DJYB

Sherwin Williams

Martin Senour

Dupont

Spies Hecker

Sandox

2005 Model Year
Paint Manufacture
Refinish code

Akzo Noble
GMA251LM

BASF
WAEQ251L

Dupont
251L

Spies Hecker
251L

Sandox
251L

PPG

Nexa
4TVKB

Sherwin Williams

Martin Senour

·
A Twin Four Cylinder
1,374 Posts
i have tons of knicks on my 18s ... shit happens

·
2005 CGM GTO
1,523 Posts
LilJit02 said:
i have tons of knicks on my 18s ... shit happens

A small nick I could live with but not curb rash. :barf: Get the wheel repaired.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Crub rashing your rim is a cosmetic done deal!

Your only two options are... get the wheel repaired or buy another one.

Sucks to kill a wheel like that for a quick small misjudge mistake. I've been there done that with some high end custom wheels. Just sound of it f*cking up your wheel you instantly know what you've just done. Shit happens!

·
Registered
582 Posts
yup. inevitable.

you gotta have spare wheel sets. one is a beater set. the other is the show set. parallel parking = opportunity to fck up wheels.

·
RIP George...
2,163 Posts
I've got a similar problem. I curb rashed one of my AZA's two days after I put them on the car. There's now a nice strip about 1/8" wide and three or four inches long around the outside of one of my rear rims. I was wondering if I could just sand it down and polish it to make it blend in better. I don't think it's worth getting another rim for. I'd almost rather leave it to remind me of how stupid I was. It's on the very outside of the lip where it meets the tire.

·
1 of 262
10,338 Posts
Striped04 said:
I've got a similar problem. I curb rashed one of my AZA's two days after I put them on the car. There's now a nice strip about 1/8" wide and three or four inches long around the outside of one of my rear rims. I was wondering if I could just sand it down and polish it to make it blend in better. I don't think it's worth getting another rim for. I'd almost rather leave it to remind me of how stupid I was. It's on the very outside of the lip where it meets the tire.
If it's on the polished lip you can buff it right out.

·
RIP George...
2,163 Posts
It's on the very outside edge of the polished lip. I assume that I need to smooth it out first? Then I can polish it.

·
2005 CGM GTO
1,523 Posts
I Got1 said:
In an effort to park as close to the curb as I could, I rubbed my right front wheel against it leaving two rough marred edges on the rim about 1 inch long.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A WAY TO FIX THIS OR AT LEAST IMPROVE UPON THE LOOKS OF MY FAUX PAS?

Without replacing the wheel that is! :gears:

Was it a 17 inch or 18 inch? It seems the lower profile tire the more prone the wheel is to curb rash.

·
1 of 262
10,338 Posts
Striped04 said:
It's on the very outside edge of the polished lip. I assume that I need to smooth it out first? Then I can polish it.
That's right... You may have to sand around the whole lip to prevent a wavy (uneven) surface. It all depends on how deep the scratch is. Polished wheels are easy to fix. Try using a buffer and SIMICHROME.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts