LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

for a little while now, I've been making custom engraved pieces for LS1 f-bodies and vettes; battery covers, intake plaques, etc. LS1tech has been a great place for me to bounce new ideas off others and get general input on things. I'd really like to start making things for some other cars, too and I really like the new GTO, so I figured I'd check into it.

It looks like it has the LS6 style intake (correct me if I'm wrong), and the same maintenance free battery as the F-body--so that's probably where I'll start. The only logo that I have so far is the new GTO emblem...anyone have any other ideas? Pics of the LS1 stuff that I have are on the second webpage in my sig.

Any input is greatly apprecitated:)

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
The LS1/LS6 intakes look identical up on top. The difference is inside and on the bottom where you can't see it. All GM vehicles use the same Delco Freedom maintanence free battery.

What's nice about the GTO from the factory is that it's engine compartment is actually pretty nice from the get go. Something you can't say about our F-Bodies.

Good luck in coming up with some trick dress up items.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CMNTMXR57 said:
The LS1/LS6 intakes look identical up on top. The difference is inside and on the bottom where you can't see it.
And that pesky EGR :D

I'll probably just go with the intake plaques and battery covers. I guess I'll have to wait till people start getting the cars ;)

Thanks for the help :thumbs:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
EGR was only used up to 2000 I believe (I'm terrible with dates) on F-Body's. C5's whether LS1 or LS6 never had an EGR. So even LS1 intakes may in some cases be not plumbed for EGR.

I'd really like to see someone come up with some better fuel rail covers. I'm not a fan of those on there now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, in 2001 the f-bods switched over to the LS6 manifold.

You don't like the FRC's on the GTO? I think they look cool :cool:
I'll trade you for mine :D

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
No, I think they look like an aluminum can with the GTO logo on them.

I'll probably end up doing something similar to what I did with my Corvette FRC's that I had on the Z. I had them filled in with flexible body filler, sanded, primed, resanded, then painted Cayenne Red Metallic like the car. From there I added the "Z28" fender emblems

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CMNTMXR57 said:
No, I think they look like an aluminum can with the GTO logo on them.

:D LOL

That's what I'm about to do to my vette FRC's. I'm getting sick of people saying "that's not a corvette":rolleyes:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
That's why I did it. I got tired of trying to explain. Just wasted breath.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CMNTMXR57 said:
That's why I did it. I got tired of trying to explain. Just wasted breath.
I hear ya man :sneaky:

Did you do anything special to the red "Corvette" lettering, or did you just fill over them?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Just filled them over. Key is to yse a flexible body filler like one that would be used for pastic bumpers and such.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool, thanks :cool:

I'll probably be doing that this week

·
Signs by Drex
8 Posts
Night Hawk,

I would OFFICIALLY like to intriduce myself and say Hi, my name is Chad Drexel and I just bought and placed money down on an Impulse Blue 2004 GTO TODAY :D.

I'm pretty sure I might be able to help you out. I just signed up as a vendor officially with the LS1GTO.com website here, (Jon is a REAL nice fella) and would love to help you guys out.

Please check out my website: www.SignsbyDrex.com and view all my different Billet and Engraved item links on the left hand side of my hoempage. I am ALL ABOUT customizing my customer's vehicles to THEIR NEEDS!!!!

Thanks SO MUCH for your time guys :D
Chad Drexel
2004 Impulse Blue GTO

·
Registered
34 Posts
The C5's LS1/LS6 dresses up nicely. I chose the GM designed Carbon Fiber engine cover with a few pieces of chrome and some TR acrylic pieces. You guys are gonna have a ball with the LS1 powered GTO.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I am not authorised either. I went ahead and registered at the site and will see if that makes a difference. How come it uses the British spelling of Authorized on a Corvette site??!!??

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Guess they have locked down the ability to share photo's not on their web site. If interested I can e-mail you some photo's of my engine bay for individula viewing or if someone can host them for me.

Tom

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Did you link it properly? There are two other options. 1) image tag it or 2) upload it with your post.

For instance, I will upload one of mine with this post. Here they are before i installed them.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Here they are installed as well as my strut tower brace painted Cayenne Red also.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
And from the passenger side,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
6 Participants
CMNTMXR57
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing