LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
You wax...I'll race
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again, I do not post much. But my GTO is presently at a nice stage to showcase at little. Several repairs / enhancements by Speed Logic in Houston including replacing several torn polyurethane bushings, AC, front toe hook/license plate, larger transmission cooler, braided brake lines with DOT 5, and oil catch can.
High Performance | Houston Texas | Speed Logic | Turbo Supercharger

Jody with Speed Logic introduced me to Leo with LA Autobody for custom flared fenders. Already had a mini-tub from many years ago. But still not big enough meat to the pavement. With Leo’s work, now have 315’s up front and 335 rear. Mono-block forged custom offset wheels by BC Forged, also introduced to me by Jody with Speed Logic.
BC Forged North America | Forged Aluminum Wheels

Alignment by Track Time:
Family Car Auto Repair Shop | Houston, TX - Tracktime Performance

Speed Logic is now working with Peitz Performance:
Peitz Performance Tunes | Modern Hot Rods

GTO and I will be at MSR-H for TDE on 14-15 March 2020:
The Driver's Edge: Texas High Performance Driving School

MVIMG_20200201_143847 (Medium).jpg

·
You wax...I'll race
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The name of the business is LA Autobody in Cypress, TX...north of Houston. Their marketing is nearly non-existent. The owner Leo said he has a Facebook page which receives attention. Yet since I am not on FB, this is basically invisible to me.

I was thinking of getting Leo a simple webpage. Many years ago I built a page for myself so I know it is not that hard. Since I am a bit busy these days, hopefully we can find someone who is willing to throw together a simple page for reasonable price.

The end result is beautiful. Primary goal is functional: Plenty of space for bigger tread with extra room for "wiggle": Suspension travel, camber adjustments, rough roads. And as planned, if you do not know what you are looking at, the fenders almost look stock.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,147 Posts
That's so much tire on a GTO. Impressive.

·
Performance Addict
2005 PBM, 6 Speed, corner carver
159 Posts
I’m very impressed, it looks fantastic. I always dreamed of cloning the wide body GTO RA6 that Lingenfelter did. This looks to be an excellent option!

What all have you done to the suspension? I’d be curious about your driving impressions before and after, now much of an improvement in cornering and/or lap times and if you noticed a significant amount of tramlining with the wide front tires.
Thx

·
You wax...I'll race
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’m very impressed, it looks fantastic. I always dreamed of cloning the wide body GTO RA6 that Lingenfelter did. This looks to be an excellent option!

What all have you done to the suspension? I’d be curious about your driving impressions before and after, now much of an improvement in cornering and/or lap times and if you noticed a significant amount of tramlining with the wide front tires.
Thx
Suspension like most GTOs is largely Pedders. Adjustable coilovers, polyurethane bushings, and thicker anti-sway bars. Replacement bushing from previously damaged ones by Whiteline.

Have not been back on the track yet. Will be near Houston on 14-15 March 2020. Primarily I attend HDPE's (high-performance driving events). Not timed events. So I can provide my driving impressions. But not specific lap time improvements.

Glad you asked about tramlining (actually had to look it up). After reading and looking back at messing around on desolate roads, I noticed a definite difference in tramlining. At slightly higher speeds on open straight roads, I felt the vehicle follow the indentions of poor roads. To be clear, I was in desolation near Beaumont, TX. Being aware of the deficient surfaces, I did not push the car too hard. Just getting a feel for it with the modifications.

In several people conducting in-depth research, we only found one kit for GTO body work. It was hideous. So this is custom body work.

·
Performance Addict
2005 PBM, 6 Speed, corner carver
159 Posts
In several people conducting in-depth research, we only found one kit for GTO body work. It was hideous. So this is custom body work.
I'd say you hit the mark! I really like the sinister and aggressive look of the car. I am in Chicago but if I ever make it to Texas I would like to see the car in person.

I have seen a few wide body GTO's and I completely agree with you that they looked hideous, what you have done looks fantastic!

Reactions: babablackgoat

·
You wax...I'll race
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd say you hit the mark! I really like the sinister and aggressive look of the car. I am in Chicago but if I ever make it to Texas I would like to see the car in person.

I have seen a few wide body GTO's and I completely agree with you that they looked hideous, what you have done looks fantastic!
I got family in Illinois in Marseilles and Ottawa. About an hour to the west on I-80.
Shoot me a note if you make it down here...
Thanks for the positive words...

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,526 Posts
Those are pretty nice. There was one company that made metal widened fenders for the GTOs, but they stopped 10+ years ago.

Reactions: babablackgoat

·
Registered
1 Posts
Again, I do not post much. But my GTO is presently at a nice stage to showcase at little. Several repairs / enhancements by Speed Logic in Houston including replacing several torn polyurethane bushings, AC, front toe hook/license plate, larger transmission cooler, braided brake lines with DOT 5, and oil catch can.
High Performance | Houston Texas | Speed Logic | Turbo Supercharger

Jody with Speed Logic introduced me to Leo with LA Autobody for custom flared fenders. Already had a mini-tub from many years ago. But still not big enough meat to the pavement. With Leo’s work, now have 315’s up front and 335 rear. Mono-block forged custom offset wheels by BC Forged, also introduced to me by Jody with Speed Logic.
BC Forged North America | Forged Aluminum Wheels

Alignment by Track Time:
Family Car Auto Repair Shop | Houston, TX - Tracktime Performance

Speed Logic is now working with Peitz Performance:
Peitz Performance Tunes | Modern Hot Rods

GTO and I will be at MSR-H for TDE on 14-15 March 2020:
The Driver's Edge: Texas High Performance Driving School

View attachment 500205 View attachment 500206 View attachment 500207 View attachment 500208 View attachment 500209 View attachment 500210 View attachment 500211 View attachment 500212 View attachment 500213 View attachment 500214
Wow this looks so good. Could you tell me what offset your wheels are ? I'm looking into getting some custom fenders flares just like this.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sweet rear with the flares !!
Pls PM me on cost, material used, etc.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts