LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a few of these Hot Wheels goats so I had to take one apart and make it IBM to match mine. I have the blue on blue so I did the seats too. Interesting that they molded the engine too even though it's under a closed hood. I did my best to redo the lights, grilles, and Pontiac badge, its tough cause they're so small. Overall I'm happy with it though. I even thought about removing the wheelie bar and grinding off the parachute box but decided to leave them for now.
20210213_174301.jpg
20210215_161546.jpg

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had pretty good luck with a toothpick to paint small stuff on, but that looks really tiny.
Yeah I did most of it with a toothpick and a very small brush to spread it around (the headlights for example) but yes a 1/64 scale car is very small. It looks pretty good when you're not looking at a close-up camera shot
nice idea, i might buy one and do it torrid red now since i have a can at home
Yeah I had some IBM matched paint around from prior projects so it's actually color matched to my car which is cool.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I must track one down the plan is to to cut the roof for a sunroof if that glass pice wraps around like that it's Dremel time, score it then cut it maybe paint it Hothouse or some unique color.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
did you take off the wheelie bar?

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did you take off the wheelie bar?
No, I highly considered it and thought about grinding down the parachute box as well, but didn't want to get that involved this time around. I have 2 more of the orange ones so I may try that later as well as ditching the skinny wheels in the front.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts