LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so who opted for a custom license plate for their GTO? I just bought mine online -- it's going to be 350 GTO (since LS1 GTO was taken)! :D

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
i dont have a vanity plate, but i got "America Remembers" plates, they have America remembers across the top, illinois going up and down on the left, and an American flag on the bottom with september 11, 2001 in the flag. all of the letters are blue with a red shadow except for the actual license plate numbers. and they donate 20 buck a year of the cost to the sept. 11th fund. they look cool and alot of people dont even know illinois offers them, so i get alot of people asking me about them.

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
I have vanity plates for both the car and the bike :cool:

CAR

BIKE

The one I really am considering for the GTO if i ever get a magnacharger is...

I am just worried that people might think I am into beastiality or something :p

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! took me a second to get it, its been a long night..... but thats great!

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
Where do I start???

Virginia makes personalized plates so easy (and cheap). I think I have cornered the market for Diggs plates.

My Harley

The trailer I pull behind the Harley

My truck

My GTO

The wife's 04 SSR

Diggs

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
"goatcha"

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
What does the EEE OR stand for?

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there's an SS in my area with a vanity plate that reads "GOODBYE" It's a b!tchin' plate, made me smile every time I saw it in my Camaro. Prolly won't be seeing it much more in my GTO. Hehehehe....:)

·
Registered
523 Posts
RedThunder said:
Ok, so who opted for a custom license plate for their GTO? I just bought mine online -- it's going to be 350 GTO (since LS1 GTO was taken)! :D
Good choice! I got LS1 GTO here in Arizona back in late-March. More "civilians" probably understand yours than mine. From the reception here, the overwhelming majority couldn't give a s#@^ less.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I didn't get my Goat until 9/10/004 and was amazed that I could get the plate that I now have!

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
Thats cause plate fees are so insane in Michigan....they're way cheaper in IL for custom plates
I finally bit the bullet and got mine a few months ago:
6SPDGTO

·
Registered
42 Posts
Monaro

I bought "MONARO" last year.
Figured it tells everyone what it is.
The average Joe doesn't have a clue though and I often get asked.
"Is that the name of your daughter?"
:)
Gordon

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
What's the cost in Michigan? It cost me $130 here in Illinois then requires a $98 renewal fee annually as it's considered a "vanity" plate.

·
71-GTO
220 Posts
I tried so many combinations here in Ca..and ended up with like my 35th choice..

V8 GOAT

I figure the V8 part because I am asked..do they come with V8s?

My 71 GTO has GTO1971 (tried GTO2004 for the new one but it was taken)

Tom :cool:

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
Original license fee was $166, vanity plates are $30 more upfront (adds $15 to renewal fee). I'm not totally sure on renewal fee because I just moved here in January, but the secretary of state's oh-so-helpful webpage says:
"License plate fees for 1984 or newer model year passenger vehicles and light trucks are calculated using a percentage of the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) at the time the vehicle is first titled. This is also known as the base price. It is then reduced by a percentage of that registration fee for the following three years. Under the present law, no further reduction is provided.
If the vehicle is older than 1984, the fee is based on the weight of the vehicle."

You would think they could just say what the percentage was!!!! I guess that's too simple...

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
What's the cost in Michigan? It cost me $130 here in Illinois then requires a $98 renewal fee annually as it's considered a "vanity" plate.
Holy Cow, that's expensive. I can't remember what mine cost... $50, I think... but it was definitely way cheaper than THAT.

By the way, "FLORIT" on my tag is like wearing a banner that says, "Pull my a** over." but I think it scares away some competition. They must think I'm heavily modded and ready to race.

·
Registered
492 Posts
impulseblue gto said:
Mine say hsv gto
Well there is gonna be another IBM GTO with HSV GTO plates, I ordered them as a Christmas gift for my best friend. He had been trying to get Holden or Monaro which are both taken in CA and gave up on a plate idea.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts