LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
What you would want to do is take it to a muffler shop and have them weld in a flange between the H and the mufflers and use dual 2.5" cutouts. Then hide the switch somewhere. It might sound weird with the resonators and not the mufflers.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I am strongly considering cutouts but depend on the wisdom of others for advice. As DY mentions they would definitely be electric.
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard from some f-body owners that their electronic cutouts did not work after so long, maybe becuase their cutout motor getting to hot or wires melting?? Anyone else heard of this? I agree, it may sound a little weird with just the resonators.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
I'm not going to do cutouts. Better mufflers and no cats maybe somewhere down the line, but not cutouts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was thinking about cutouts too,but i wonder if its gonna sound good with the resantor. Open Resnators sound funny at higher rpm. I think i might just hack off the cats and put some Bullet mufflers,or borla's. Leave the resnator's on
I wonder how restrictive are the resnators.

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
I had started a "cut-outs" thread in the tunning section if your interested in reading more opinions about it.

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts

The picture above is of a Jet Hot coated cutout that has flanges welded on each side. Some people will install them with flanges while others will just have these welded in.

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts