1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
504 Posts
Wrap them with some 245/40/18 tires and you'd be ready to go!

·
Registered
235 Posts
the first GTOs that GM imported to the States came with these rims. I saw one pre-production GTO in Auburn Hills, MI (General Motors University) fitted with them. The tires are Bridgestones, but I can't remember if they were Potenzas. I think those rims look good only on pics. I would like to get our OEM rims in 18"s, but I doubt that I will be able to get them shipped from Australia.

G

·
Registered
235 Posts
You are absolutely right ... sorry about that!! They look almost identical!!

Thanks for the correction,
G

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gianni D said:
the first GTOs that GM imported to the States came with these rims. I saw one pre-production GTO in Auburn Hills, MI (General Motors University) fitted with them. The tires are Bridgestones, but I can't remember if they were Potenzas. I think those rims look good only on pics. I would like to get our OEM rims in 18"s, but I doubt that I will be able to get them shipped from Australia.

G
Gianni,

I just got a quote from JHP (www.jhp.com.au) for a set of HSV GTS Monaro wheels. These are the wheels the Monaro comes in when shipped to other countries. Price is $3500 Aus (about $2500 US, depending upon what the exchange rate is when you order) plus $500 Aus shipping to me in California (about $360). These are 19x8" wheels. They also have the stock wheels in both 17x8 AND 18x8 advertised on their website.

·
Registered
235 Posts
ErikWOlson said:
Gianni,

I just got a quote from JHP (www.jhp.com.au) for a set of HSV GTS Monaro wheels. These are the wheels the Monaro comes in when shipped to other countries. Price is $3500 Aus (about $2500 US, depending upon what the exchange rate is when you order) plus $500 Aus shipping to me in California (about $360). These are 19x8" wheels. They also have the stock wheels in both 17x8 AND 18x8 advertised on their website.
Hey Erik,

Thanks for the info ... The price seems kinda high, but they are OEM rims and they tend to be expensive. I guess I stay with my 17s ... :(

Gianni

·
Registered
362 Posts
Perhaps someone should approach one of the big wheel retailers and see if you can get a BB happening or encourgae them to import them? it may help, a lot of people seem to like them.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Gianni D said:
Hey Erik,

Thanks for the info ... The price seems kinda high, but they are OEM rims and they tend to be expensive. I guess I stay with my 17s ... :(

Gianni

are you kidding??? $3000 for a set of 19" rims? hat is a REALLY good price. yes it is alot of money, but that is a good price.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
I would not go with anything bigger than 18" wheels. My new 18" wheels definitely changed the ride comfort, but not enough to complain. I believe 19" or bigger would make the car ride much rougher than acceptable.

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am getting the 18's
The price I got was roughly $1480 US money for a set of 4 and about $350 to ship.
I am excited.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
I am getting the 18's
The price I got was roughly $1480 US money for a set of 4 and about $350 to ship.
I am excited.
Let me know how the transaction goes and take pics of the rims ...

Good luck,
G

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gianni D said:
Let me know how the transaction goes and take pics of the rims ...

Good luck,
G
Here is an update on the wheels....I just ordered them they will be shipped out by Air Freight....should be 2-3 weeks....

As a side note I would like to say that the Aussie people I spoke to sure are friendly and courteous......thanks for putting up with us Americans.....
There is someting really sexy about an aussie woman's voice!!!
:thumbs: :bubbrub :D
Thanks again my Aussie brothers.....for making such a fine car.

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GTOdriver7 said:
dont forget to post pics. wow that is a great price. now you got me thinking........

I really like them.....so far I think I might be the only one in the states with those....plus I feel like it will be a small tribute to the Aussie's and the great car they made. I am proud to be able to have them on the goat. I can't wait to get them....

:D :thumbs:

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
And you REALLY need to show pictures of these once you have them on the car.

Let us know if the Holden center caps and Pontiac center caps are swappable from the wheels, I'm willing to bet they are.

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TriShield said:
And you REALLY need to show pictures of these once you have them on the car.

Let us know if the Holden center caps and Pontiac center caps are swappable from the wheels, I'm willing to bet they are.
Don't worry I will post the pics for sure.... :D

I think the center caps will swap out, I will try it......I plan on leaving the holden caps though.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts