LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my wheels sat in customs for a week I finally got them!!! I went with the 245/40-18 BFG NTs in the front and 275/35-18 BFG Drags in the rear. They are the high polish finish but it is hard to tell in the pics. I need JoeyD or AlphaEden to take some pro pics! No fitment problems but my fenders have been ground down. Here are a few pics:

Attachments

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
nice.....is that over at forest high?

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dbluegoat said:
nice.....is that over at forest high?
Yep. It seemed like a nice background! Good eye!

·
Resident SVT Defender
906 Posts
Nice car, Doc, those wheels are awesome!

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
Looks good but you can tell the wheel is too narrow for the 275's. You should get rid of the SAP spoiler though.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GT086 said:
Looks good but you can tell the wheel is too narrow for the 275's. You should get rid of the SAP spoiler though.
The wheel is a little but I ran 275 Nittos on the stock wheel for almost 14K miles with no issues so this shouldn't be any different. The spoiler is coming off as soon as I can have GTO1369 fill and paint the trunk lid! I'm not doing the plugs.

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
Doc GTO said:
The wheel is a little but I ran 275 Nittos on the stock wheel for almost 14K miles with no issues so this shouldn't be any different. The spoiler is coming off as soon as I can have GTO1369 fill and paint the trunk lid! I'm not doing the plugs.
I didn't mean it would be a problem just they do bulge a little. Your car will look great without the spoiler. What rear bumper do you have? Stock?

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
AlphaEden said:
Very nice doc, yea, i'll be glad to take some pics for ya next time I'm down
Stay up in Savannah son.....this is a job for an "experienced" photographer :bootyshak

The wheels look fabulous, Doc. Congrats!!!! Oh......hurry up and get that ugly spoiler off :turbonaug

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GT086 said:
I didn't mean it would be a problem just they do bulge a little. Your car will look great without the spoiler. What rear bumper do you have? Stock?
I have the stock 06 rear and the Monaro insert is on the way as well.

Joey and Long,

Thanks!

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Speechless.

·
ricer phase
9,888 Posts
they look like the CV8 rims from JHP but what about the CV8Z lettering on the spokes??? That completely changes the look of the rims

·
HARDCORE since 1982
3,345 Posts
sweet dude....

·
Registered
464 Posts
Dam you, I wanted those rims, but was too busy with TT install and missed them, I'm jealous :(

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Summerwolf said:
where did you get these rims and if you don't mind me asking, how much did you spend?
Searched long and hard. PM for more info . . .

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Summerwolf said:
they look like the CV8 rims from JHP but what about the CV8Z lettering on the spokes??? That completely changes the look of the rims
These are what was put on the last run of Monaros before they gave it the ax. The finish is a clearcoated machined finish with the CV8Z on the rim instead od the painted finish.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts