LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I Draw Cars
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and just thought I'd post a few photos of my dad's 1970 GTO Judge and my 01 ZX3.

He's the original owner and the car is all original, completely unrestored. He's wanting to restore it someday, but he's also talked about selling it. Who knows what he'll decide to do.

It's a sweet car and if I had the grip, I'd love to buy it! The sound when it's running is simply untouchable!

Anyway, here are some shots of it along with my car (prior to the custom paint:

And here's my car AFTER the custom paint. It's a 2001 ZX3. I designed and sprayed the custom paint myself...my first paint job ever after a 14 week class...

Let me know what you all think...good or bad.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Nice Pics.......The paint job looks good.....welcome aboard........and if that Judge is ever for sale....send me a message.......Damn that thing is awesome.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Nice paint work
And the Goat is in great shape from what I see
I only hope Christine looks that good when she is that old :D

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Nice! :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
YNOT:

I like to see Fords all black and blue after they have been around GTOs. You obviously know your way with a spray gun. Great detail.
Concerning your Father's Judge I think he should enter it in a local car show, preferably a Pontiac show, as is. I bet he will be pleasently surprised. His car looks rare, unmolested and mean.

·
BuckeyeGoats.com
1,943 Posts
Well the JUDGE is simply awsome and probably my favorite color Judge.

Now, all I need to know about the Ford, is it Rice or a Tuner? Just kidding man, great to see a family of car guys and the paint is nice!

·
J.A.F. User
61 Posts
YNOT said:
And here's my car AFTER the custom paint. It's a 2001 ZX3. I designed and sprayed the custom paint myself...my first paint job ever after a 14 week class...
Dude! If you did all that after just taking a class, and took that information to the spray booth and applied it, then you have a future in automotive painting. Nice work indeed! :) :)

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Welcome

YNOT said:
I'm new here and just thought I'd post a few photos of my dad's 1970 GTO Judge and my 01 ZX3.
I think the Goat is awesome, the Ford is probably a sensible choice, your first new car? and I think your painting skills are already on a par with many folks who do it professionally. I'd say you have a bright future in that business and you will be a very hard act to follow as your skills improve. If your skill with an airbrush is even close, you're going to have a fleet of Goats if you want them.

·
I Draw Cars
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
humbler said:
Now, all I need to know about the Ford, is it Rice or a Tuner?
It's not rice in my opinion and I don't consider it a tuner as I've done nothing to the motor aside from an air intake because i drive it everyday. I call it a "New Age Hot Rod". I'm a fan of the old school muscle cars, but I'm of the younger generation so I'm more in touch with the mini truckin and sport compact car scene.

Believe me I can still appreciate a sweet muscle car as well as a restored classic...I just like the newer "tuner" style cars.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
It's not Rice

YNOT said:
It's not rice in my opinion and I don't consider it a tuner as I've done nothing to the motor aside from an air intake because i drive it everyday. I call it a "New Age Hot Rod". I'm a fan of the old school muscle cars, but I'm of the younger generation so I'm more in touch with the mini truckin and sport compact car scene.

Believe me I can still appreciate a sweet muscle car as well as a restored classic...I just like the newer "tuner" style cars.
It's a sports compact with a custom paint job and a minor mod, 'Tuner to be' so to speak. 22 inch wheels like a Conestoga Wagon, every sticker you can find, even from things you don't recognize, multi-shelf spoilers, split single exhaust with 3lb. coffee can resonators, heiroglyphics, mega dollar body mods the car has no hope of using....mods for the sake of bragging rights rather than any constructive benefit would probably put in in either Show Car (if that's it's use), or Rice category if it's a driver. Tuning, wrenching, modding for constructive benefit, with a plan, and practicality, bring it on, it's a Street Machine. JMHO...

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
nice pics. Paint job on the focus looks good, i may have gone with a different color combo but i think it looks nice.

judge looks tits :)

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
nikivee said:
That Judge is sweet!!!!!!!! If you dad does decide to get rid of it contact me. :D

no me first....... :D :slap:

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Nice rides.
Remember - there's no replacement for displacement - but there's a RWD v8 focus (thought it was a 5.0, but don't remember for sure) driving around Detroit somewhere...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Very nice Judge! And the paint work is fab no matter how long you have been doing it, but for your first it is incredible. Maybe you sell your services to some on this board?

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Heyy YNOT, I remember you from focaljet. Your car inspired me to get the Kaminari front lip and Mr12 wheels :D.

BTW, your car's still lookin hot

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Looks good. Simple design, good colors. very nice. Not rice IMHO. You turned out a good looking car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts