LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
9,407 Posts
so does anyone else find $166 for a pair of tiny emblems excessive, or is it just me?
Relatively cheap considering all of the other crazy costs for some of the parts for these cars.

·
GR-RRR!
7,876 Posts
You have a garaged summer toy. They will not stay red if it’s a daily driver and the car sits outside 24/7.
So in other words you are saying I'm doing it right. :)

At the time they came out someone was promoting them and handing out free sets at a car show to other GTO owners. I have two new sets waiting in the wings for when the ones on the car do fade.

I really should put the OEMs back on. When they fade, they turn an orange color that is almost exactly like BOM.
Automotive design Motor vehicle Orange Font Amber

·
GR-RRR!
7,876 Posts

·
GR-RRR!
7,876 Posts
What if it's a daily driver, but sits in a garage or a parking garage 95% of the time it's not being driven? :) I think my badges were already orange when I bought the car several years ago.
The OEMs faded to orange in about a year whether it was sitting inside or outside.

·
Registered
137 Posts
They all fade if your car sits in the sun.

·
Registered
04m6 PBM-JBA cc shorties, Muff delete CAI intake DBAfronts 05/06rears c5 pads LSS 06tails SAP stuff
274 Posts
You have a garaged summer toy. They will not stay red if it’s a daily driver and the car sits outside 24/7.
My trunk one has!! Like I said idk why no one does it!? Lmao clear the emblems! They’ll last ten times longer and they look way sicker

·
Registered
04m6 PBM-JBA cc shorties, Muff delete CAI intake DBAfronts 05/06rears c5 pads LSS 06tails SAP stuff
274 Posts
My car usually sits inside, but I did drive it a wee bit more than usual last year.
Shit man not only is mine outside, on the street at the sidewalk in front of our house 24/7/365 (wife gets the driveway.. besides goat scrapes on it anyway she can have it 🤣) but I daily it too. All week for work and weekends for fun joy riding

·
2005 Pontiac GTO CGM A4
425 Posts
Best luck that I've had with the front and rear emblems was to get the decals off Amazon that stick right on top of the OEM.

Both still red after several years. Granted, the GTO is garaged when not tooling around on the weekends.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts