LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've all seen the numbers Pontiac has given to us for the gas mileage, but what are you seeing? I think Danny could prolly tell us pretty well since he drove over 400 miles already. Is it better or worse than what they said it would be?

·
Registered
133 Posts
the mileage aint bad. my readout currently says 16mpg @ avg speed of 40mph. that is city driving and i was going pretty fast most the time. usually its right about 18 while im in the city and 22+ on the freeway. when you let your foot off the gas its cool to see the mpg readout go up and up to 50+ mpg heh. till you hit the gas again and it drops back down to around 20. 15-22 is the average ive seen most.

·
Registered
522 Posts
LS1 Holden fuel consumption

Friends' SS Commodore (6 speed, 3.08 rear) gets 22 miles per imp. gallon around town. Spend much time with the traction control kicking back and it'll halve. On our recent trip up country the readout was showing 8-9 km/l which is around 28/29 miles per imp. gallon. That's probably about 25/26 mpUSg. The Commode is not as slippery as the Monaro/GTO. It is also turning over I think a little too slow, <2,000rpm at about 65mph. His has been breathed on with headers, pipes and airbox and puts out 220 kw on the chassis dyno.

The trip computer on his is accurate - 10km to dry and it took 1 litre less (2 pints) than the fuel tank capacity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts