LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Dismembered
Joined
·
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this exist? I remember seeing one on the Sarge's Goat but haven't found it anywhere. Ideally I need two more guages but I don't think I'll have room anywhere. I currently have the JHP pod and a triple guage pod on the A-Pillar. Just need room for two more. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

BS
 

·
GTOless
Joined
·
7,063 Posts
barkingspud said:
Does this exist? I remember seeing one on the Sarge's Goat but haven't found it anywhere. Ideally I need two more guages but I don't think I'll have room anywhere. I currently have the JHP pod and a triple guage pod on the A-Pillar. Just need room for two more. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

BS
What gauges do you have currently? Maybe you should look at the dashhawk that has quite a few features in one. That may free up some space for you. Btw what triple gauge pod are you running?
 

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
Joined
·
2,048 Posts
Autoform sells a tripple, I have one in my car
 

·
BOM - code for Metal Pumpkin
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
Fit doesn't look so hot. Unless I'm looking at something wrong.
 

·
NC Rogue Squadron
Joined
·
4,002 Posts
Probably would look a whole lot cleaner if there wasn't that HUGE gap.
 

·
The ORIGINAL Robofuzz
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
PMD GTO said:
Probably would look a whole lot cleaner if there wasn't that HUGE gap.
I've seen one of these in person. It is not a huge gap. It's hard to explain without better pictures. The pod base is raised, so that were it meets the dash panel there is a "step up". It actually looks pretty good in person. It is not like the other gauge pods where the pod base is curved to match the dash panels and sits flush with the dash panels.
 

·
Warranty Killer
Joined
·
400 Posts
topperge said:
Autoform sells a tripple, I have one in my car

ACK! I was just about to order one of these, is there something wrong in this picture, or is that how it 'fits'?

Gregg
 

·
The ORIGINAL Robofuzz
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
gdev_ said:
ACK! I was just about to order one of these, is there something wrong in this picture, or is that how it 'fits'?

Gregg
As I said in my post above, the base sits higher than the other gauge pods and 'steps up' from the dash panel to the pod base. This picture makes it look like a gap, but that is just a shadow created by the step up. It's not my preference, but they actually look pretty nice in person.
 

·
Dismembered
Joined
·
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahhh. OK. Thanks. My A-Pillar pod is a ghetto install of a universal from JC Whitney. I have my Wideband, Fuel Pressure and N2O pressure in the pillar along with the JHP pod and guages. I need a Boost and trans temp guage to complete the set....

 

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
Joined
·
2,048 Posts
JayC'sG said:
Fit doesn't look so hot. Unless I'm looking at something wrong.
Sorry guys, the fit is much much better, that picture was taken without it being snapped down. The gauges hooked up yet in that picture it fits exactly like a factory piece when its in.
 

·
GTOless
Joined
·
7,063 Posts
barkingspud said:
Ahhh. OK. Thanks. My A-Pillar pod is a ghetto install of a universal from JC Whitney. I have my Wideband, Fuel Pressure and N2O pressure in the pillar along with the JHP pod and guages. I need a Boost and trans temp guage to complete the set....

You could sell the JHP gauges, buy the Dashhawk which does both functions that the JHP gauges do and use that space for more gauges.
 

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
Joined
·
2,048 Posts
jamesbiz said:
from the looks of it. no they don't. Probably to much work to make 3 of them angle like the jhp gauges.
Its not that its too much work, its just that there isn't any room to angle the gauges. They tried to angle and step the pieces, but the contours just didn't look right.
 

·
medium rare
Joined
·
348 Posts
Has anyone ever thought of relocating the a/c controls to the cupholder area and putting gauges where the controls used to be? Seen it done on a fox body mustang...actually looked pretty good. Just food for thought...
 

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
Joined
·
2,048 Posts
terryk said:
Is this pod still available?
Yes Autoform makes still it, just give them a call 616-392-4909. I don't remember the price off the top of my head
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Yes they are still available, and they are $200 painted black. We actually use the original factory piece as our base, sot here should be no confusion as to how it clips in. I believe I have enough panels to make a couple more right now without ordering more, so if anyone is interested, please let me know. It does step up a little as well, they are not completely flush with the front.
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top