·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
215 Posts
It looks awesome

Is "module voltage" the same as just plain volts? Also why is there no oil pressure reading or am I just missing it from the list?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Doesn't pertain to 04's. Bummer

·
.. .. .. ..
1,025 Posts
I would also like to know about the oil pressure issue. Looks great, I'm trying to resist running up more debt by ordering this.

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First batch will be in Thursday and we'll be shipping then. We'll be rolling out an upgrade pretty soon that will allow two way ECM control like a tech 2 for access to such functions as CASE/Crankshaft position learn ect and most likely oil pressure ;)

·
Registered Loser
931 Posts
GTPprix said:
...and it also fits in the ashtray cubby with a little work or in the cubby right below that :D
Pics, please?

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oil pressure will be added an update (which is free as all updates will be) later this week :)

·
Big Dave
928 Posts
second for pics of it installed...

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
I plugged it in to my car and fooled around with it.....it's freakin sweet. I will have one. ;) I'm going to try the suction cup mount on the windshield at first and see how I like that.

·
GTOless
7,063 Posts
GTPprix said:
First batch will be in Thursday and we'll be shipping then. We'll be rolling out an upgrade pretty soon that will allow two way ECM control like a tech 2 for access to such functions as CASE/Crankshaft position learn ect and most likely oil pressure ;)
Any ideas time wise of when the update will be released which allows two way ECM control? It finally might be time to tune the SS and not have to worry about bringing it to the dealer for the crack learn. :turbonaug

·
The Dude
441 Posts
That is very cool. Anyone got pix of it on their GTO dash? I'm trying to determine where to mount it. Maybe right onto the front of a two-pod gage cluster? Like the Banshee pod for example.

·
GTOless
7,063 Posts
BlueStreak said:
That is very cool. Anyone got pix of it on their GTO dash? I'm trying to determine where to mount it. Maybe right onto the front of a two-pod gage cluster? Like the Banshee pod for example.
I was thinking in the left hand corner of the dash. Im not sure if it will work but I was going to run the wire behind the vent piece on the side of the dash.

·
The Dude
441 Posts
Maybe. I'll have to get the face dimensions (edit: they are '1 7/8" tall by 4" wide by 3/4"') and make a little cardboard mockup, and try taping it in various locations on my dash. I want it to be fairly high up - I have trouble looking way down while driving to try and read a number.

I'm excited about the design though. It matches 'aesthetically' with the rest of the IP, the display is a rectangular detailed illuminated LCD like the OEM stereo head unit. If placed properly on the dash and illuminated right (ie similar to the other IP lighting) it might even look like it came from the factory that way! Very cool. I think I'm going to get one.

·
OG 05 Owner and FPFQAF
2,610 Posts
link is broken

·
Registered
347 Posts
i guess i'm not sure what makes this unit so desireable. Can somone explain the signigicance of a product like this. Is it an effective tool for tuning?

·
Refuse to lose.
3,509 Posts
bser01 said:
i guess i'm not sure what makes this unit so desireable. Can somone explain the signigicance of a product like this. Is it an effective tool for tuning?
The product description says it all- it's a cool little real-time scanning/data logging device for monitoring engine parameters on the fly. Units like these are handy for those without their own expensive ($500+) tuning software such as HP Tuners.

Nice work, Chris. Also, I wasn't aware of the LS2 heat soak solution kit you guys offer for GTOs. That looks interesting. Any feedback on that?

·
The Dude
441 Posts
Useful for tuning, allows realtime data logging of dozens of key parameters of engine performance, and acts as a 'digital multi-meter' instead of having a bunch of analog gauges mounted all over your a-pillar and the like. I'm sure the experts here can say a lot more than a neophyte like me on the subject :)

1 - 20 of 84 Posts