LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and Gals, MSD had a little issue with the USB drivers for the first batch of DashHawks which they fixed today (Thanks Ken!) as well as released a new firmware revision.

Rather than host all this on our own site (we will still use the forum for support) all firmware/software updates can be found at DashHawk.com :) Uninstall the software and delete the device from the system information if necessary, install the new software and connect the unit. You should be good to go, then update to the newest revision which includes a BUNCH of new GM enhanced PID's!

·
GTOless
7,063 Posts
me too

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Juniorss, any thoughts on where to mount the dashhawk? I did some logging today, but just stuck it below the ashtray, but that is not going to work out
for a permanent placement. Possibly on the steering column?

·
GTOless
7,063 Posts
OrangeCrushM6 said:
Juniorss, any thoughts on where to mount the dashhawk? I did some logging today, but just stuck it below the ashtray, but that is not going to work out
for a permanent placement. Possibly on the steering column?
Well I ran the wire on the side of the dash behind the cover for the vent. But the only thing is that the dash is curved and the tape wont really stick well.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Juniorss said:
Well I ran the wire on the side of the dash behind the cover for the vent. But the only thing is that the dash is curved and the tape wont really stick well.
HMM, well I think I'm gonna attach the unit to the bracket and then attach
that to the top of the steering column. I can then just attach it when I need it
and take it off when I don't.

·
GTOless
7,063 Posts
Just wanted to say that this thing is awesome. Eventhough I dont know what half the things mean, its very useful. The unit was awesome when I first got it but after the update its even better.

The only thing that I found "interesting" with it was the alerts. I set it up to alert me if the engine temp gets above 230 degrees. I shut the car off earlier and was walking my dog when I saw the dashhawk flashing in my car. I went over to it and saw that it was reading that the engine temp was 234 degrees even though the car was off. I guess it still reads things when the car is off. It flashed for about a minute till the temp went down. Just a heads up because I thought something was wrong when I saw it flashing.

Also Chris, is there a way to order another plug for the port under the dash which runs to the unit? That will be easer then having to remove the wire from the GTO when I want to use it in another vehicle.

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
Juniorss said:
Also Chris, is there a way to order another plug for the port under the dash which runs to the unit? That will be easer then having to remove the wire from the GTO when I want to use it in another vehicle.
I don't know if Chris has any extras in stock, but they are $40 each directly from the DashHawk website.
http://www.dashhawk.com/shopping.htm
Chris' price on the unit it much better than theirs $339 OUCH!!

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah you need to order from us, its not supposed to be sold there its just a temp setup ;)

·
GTOless
7,063 Posts
GTPprix said:
Yeah you need to order from us, its not supposed to be sold there its just a temp setup ;)
So do you have any extra cables that go from the OBDII port to the unit?

·
bananas
7,356 Posts
I love this little thing...mine should be custom mounted on Sunday...with pictures Sunday night...

·
bananas
7,356 Posts
Just mounted it last night, but no pictures yet, should have them up by this afternoon.

Where did the downloads page go from the site?

·
bananas
7,356 Posts
jwarren said:
It's there, they may have been updating.

V1.0.3 firmware has been released - includes FAN Control - VERY COOL!!!
can you link to it....i can't seem to find it for some reason?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts